2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First yr on lease in Refugio and was not disappointed. It's a small lease 248 acres low fence, but I was absolutely covered up in deer and hogs. I saw a few turkeys but never got a shot. Missed a 150 class buck in bow season and never got another shot at him. Bought a POF 308 for gun season and it was deadly. 2 bucks 6 hogs, coyote. I saw at least 15 different 8 points that have great potential and can't wait until 2010 season.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Cool pics and nice weapon! What kind is it? Also, that hog has some really good cutters!! Looks to be a silver maybe bigger class hog but, the pictures may be closer than I realize. Either way nice animals!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool pics and nice weapon! What kind is it? Also, that hog has some really good cutters!! Looks to be a silver maybe bigger class hog but, the pictures may be closer than I realize. Either way nice animals!
Thanks, Its a POF 308 cal. Gas piston (Patriot Ordnance Factory). For only having a 14.5" barrel it is extremely accurate.It has a permanently attached suppressor adapter that pushes the over all length to 16.5". Don't have a suppressor yet…but will be working on that this yr. I made head shots on every one of the hogs out to 125yds. Thats about as far as I can shoot from any of my stands.

http://www.pof-usa.com/p308/p308.htm

·
SOUTH TEXAS DREAM'N
1,109 Posts
CONGRATS !! on a good season. There are alot of animals down that way. I'm sure the freezer is FULL !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts