2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Reels

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Bantam1 
#1 ·
When I put braid on my Curados, and Chronach I hardly ever get a back lash. But when I put braid on my Calcutta TE I always get a backlash. Is it because the line winder does not disengage on the Calcutta

#3 ·
Depending on the model of TE (ie Bantam's question) the spool may be be heavier and have more inertia, as well as the engaged worm gear robbing spool speed. You may need to set a couple more brakes or increase the spool tension in order to get a handle on it. Are you using the same size braid on all three reels? That may also be a contributing factor.

Mike

#6 ·
I dont know what all you've tried and you may already do this but after spooling braid I always wet it down and hook it to my boat cleat and walk down the road about a 150 yards. I tighten the drag and reel myself back to the boat with the rod bowed the whole way. I never have trouble on any reels including Garcias. I also use "Reel Butter" line conditioner. It makes a huge difference on any line but, especially braid. You just spray it on the full spool and let it sit for a few seconds before casting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.