2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chronarch sf older one,a citica and some corsair reels that need cleaning. What is the wait time approach to send to shimano vs. local. Shimano factory vs. local shimano dealer. And are parts available for the chronarch and corsair. thanks

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
Our current repair time is 5 weeks. I do not know what our warranty centers turn around time is right now. You will need to call them and find out.

We still have parts for the Chronarch. We will more than likely replace your Corsair with a new Corvalus model.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
We no longer repair the Corsair reels. We do this for all of our customers. If you have the silver model Corsair then we replace it at no charge. If you have the gold Corsair A model then we charge $20 for the replacement. The Corvalus is a much better reel than the Corsair.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Bantam1 said:
We no longer repair the Corsair reels. We do this for all of our customers. If you have the silver model Corsair then we replace it at no charge. If you have the gold Corsair A model then we charge $20 for the replacement. The Corvalus is a much better reel than the Corsair.
You just want to add to your reel collection!:spineyes:

Cg

·
Gone Fishing
12,003 Posts
Bantam1 said:
. If you have the silver model Corsair then we replace it at no charge. .
I have a silver model 300, so I can send it in and you will replace it? I also have the gold 400. Both are junk and I dont have a reciept.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
Yes you can send them both in to us. We will replace the silver one at no charge and the gold A model will be $20.

For what the reel was designed to do it accomplished that. Yes we had some problems with the reel. The main flaw was the 3 piece frame design. We eliminated this design and brought the Corvalus model out. The Corvlaus is a much better reel than the Corsair. Its also $10 cheaper :)

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Mike in Friendswood said:
AMC Pacer=Shimano Corsair

Man, that was one reel Shimano really messed up on.
I have a Corsair-300..I don't know why, but I do...I may have got it free, or someone left it on the boat..Anyway,I think it holds about 350 yards of 25 lb. Big Game...You can't cast it to save your life....But, it does hold a heck of alot of string...

If I send it back, Shimano will give me something new?

·
But, I live in Bayou Vista!
1,630 Posts
My last post sounded pretty harsh. The Corsair had some issues, but Shimano nutted up, and took care of their customers.

Also, there is some complaining about the cost of the higher end reels, but the new mid level reels are better (or equal) to the reels they replaced, and in most cases are priced at or slightly lower than the previous reels.

One example is the new Citica 100 which basically replaced the Curado 100. Better reel for the same or a little less $.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
Profish00 said:
where to send? Do I send a check wit them?
I have a link posted at the top of this forum. You can find the addresses and phone numbers for the warranty centers. Our address is also located there. If you send the reel to us you do not need to pay prior. We will repair the reels and send you a bill.

Shimano attn Reel Repair
1 Holland
Irvine, CA 92618

·
Gone Fishing
12,003 Posts
Cool bean's, New 300 & 400 Corvalus in the mail yesterday. That right there tells me Schimano gets all my business. Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!! and backing your product.

I did get a bill for 20 bucks, well worth it,......IMHO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts