2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just found an old abu garcia ambassadeur 5000 (ca. 1970) in a zip lock baggie, and in pieces, in my closet. i've always loved these old baitcasters, and i have about 5 of them. is there anyone in the texas city general vacinity that can look at this reel to tell me if it's worth repairing (i think it is), or that may have replacement parts for the small pieces? thanks.

bruce

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Chris at Islanders Custom tackle in Galveston would give you an honest opinion. He could also help with parts or labor if needed.

-Mike.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
mc, you can call Abu Garcia customer service department, they carry parts for the old Ambassadeur's. I think Fishing Tackle Unlimited on the Gulf freeway carry some parts.

www.abugarcia.com

I rebuild them as a hobby, but I live in Deer Park. If you are ever up this way send me a pm. and I will take a look at it for you.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Contact "Mike in Friendswood" here on the boards. He'll help you out and do the repairs(put it back together) if it's worth it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i do reel repair on ambassaduers and i have parts for the give me a call i'm in baytown ,tx 281 427 1624 Mike's Fishing Reel Repair

1 - 8 of 8 Posts