2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
15,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I accidently caught some trout in my Redfish hole this afternoon.
Ended up with about 5 trout and 7 reds. I dont know what the hell those trout were doing in my redfish hole with the reds but they were fun to catch as well.
Especially the big one.

He's bigger than my two shoes, but how big are my shoes??????
All on stawberry tout tails under clowdy skies..........the sun came out and they quit.

Attachments

·
Capt. Johnd
504 Posts
Some bonus fish huh...

·
Surf-fishin Grandpa
428 Posts
Nice fish redfishr. Can't say much for the shoes though! LOL
Water clarity a little tough with the weather? Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
How ruff was the bay today? Acttually I would say that since you caught so many redfish I would venture to say you weren't in Galveston?

·
Registered
38 Posts
You need new shoes! Are you sure they were'nt one of the boys shoes?
Nice Trout Ray!
I fished a buddy's private 7 acre lake in VA for Largemouth this weekend, had a great time throwing topwaters!
Bill

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Beautiful stringer!!!

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
Nice catch! Now why don't you pm me the coords so I can test my shoesize, K?

·
15,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
texaggie2007 said:
How ruff was the bay today? Acttually I would say that since you caught so many redfish I would venture to say you weren't in Galveston?
I was in Galveston West Bay...................The water WAS rough if you were in the middle of the bay. I wasn't.
In the good ole days I did catch alot of redfish................7's not alot but 70 is.
Once in San Antonio bay about 16 yrs ago. Two friends and I fished in Corey cove on an Easter Sunday. Each of us caught a redfish every 4 or 5 casts for about 8 hours, on topwaters. Stopped every now and then to eat a snack...........Now that was alot of redfish....................Port O' what?
It was a secret back then.

·
15,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
topDawger said:
You need new shoes! Are you sure they were'nt one of the boys shoes?
Nice Trout Ray!
I fished a buddy's private 7 acre lake in VA for Largemouth this weekend, had a great time throwing topwaters!
Bill
So you've thrown in the towel and started fishing fresh water............At least you dont have to wash your reels when your done.
Them boys got big feet to.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not bad at all.

And yes, there are a good amount of reds in the Galveston area, you just gotta look for em.

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Ray, you have my permission to run all those pesky trout out of your redfish spots and send them to my trout spots. lol I'd hate to see you sully your reputation and potentially wear out your tackle with those bothersome specs.

·
15,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stumpgrinder said:
Ray, you have my permission to run all those pesky trout out of your redfish spots and send them to my trout spots. lol I'd hate to see you sully your reputation and potentially wear out your tackle with those bothersome specs.
Yea........dang by-catch

1 - 20 of 21 Posts