2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to Aransas Pass around 13:00 today, headed out to the Shamrock area and fished about waist deep with Pumpkin seed/chatruese, and also Gulp New Penny under a Cajun Rattler cork, caught 6 trout from 15 1/2 to 23 inches. On the way back in to my parents house I decided to hit the flats behind Steadman Reef in the Redfish Bay area, since this is a pole, troll, or wade only area, I went on the backside of the reef and cut off my engine and raised it all the ay up and flaoted across the reef, then reboarded and drifted the flats and pick up 1- 23 inch red on a goldspoon. All in all it was a good day for me as this was my first time to get to go fishing since April and I got skunked then,lol. I also had some Croaker, but the only thing I caught on one was a hard head.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really? Maybe I'll try them tomorrow, I also have 14 or 15 croaker left.lol. I've never really fished with them, but the paper said they were the hot bait right now so I thought I'd try them out, but I really don't know how to fish with them.

623 Posts
redfish bay

It is not really a drift, poll or troll area. You can operate your big motor in any part of the protected area as long as your prop does not "uproot seagrass" while underway...if it is really shallow and you might uproot seagrass--then the law suggests that you drift , poll or troll. Might save you some time next time...

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
******* Biologist said:
It is not really a drift, poll or troll area. You can operate your big motor in any part of the protected area as long as your prop does not "uproot seagrass" while underway...if it is really shallow and you might uproot seagrass--then the law suggests that you drift , poll or troll. Might save you some time next time...
Seems alot of folks are unclear on the seagrass deal....as long as the prop isn't uprooting grass,you can let it rip. Looks like you had a blast. The grass is holding some nice fish. I love the pump/chart sand eels as well. Good report.
Tight Knot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts