2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was visiting a buddy yesterday and as I was leaving I noticed a guy fishing with a unique contraption. At first I did not even notice the boat because I was intrigued at his fishing method. He was using a spool that was 6" diameter and 4" wide like you would see someone use as a hand line but the only difference was he was using it in conjunction with a fishing rod. I thought that was pretty neat until I realized what he had done with his boat. He was packing up to leave and I did not even think to use my phone to snap a picture, he was heading towards the boat launch so I headed over to snap a few pictures. Personally I think it is a neat idea and cuddos to the guy for thinking of it.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Weird, but cool. How does he get from the front to the back? Doesn't look like there is enough room on the sides to walk.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
He was prolly fishing with what the Cubans call a "Yo-Yo". it is the most common way that Cubans fish.
i do like the idea of taking an old camper shell from a pick-up and Upgrading to Cabin Cruiser status,,,,,he shoulda stuck a Hatteras or Bertram logo on the side !!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I seem to recall a reel that possibly came from Australia that had those dimentions and it had a crank handle built into the side. To go from casting( like a spinner) to cranking it flipped 90 degrees.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I seem to recall a reel that possibly came from Australia that had those dimentions and it had a crank handle built into the side. To go from casting( like a spinner) to cranking it flipped 90 degrees.
I have seen those in FL. This was a separate plastic spool.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
There have been days I would have loved to have something to hide from the weather be sides a Bimini top! Very cool

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I had a client that brought one on my boat I was like what is that so he proclaimed to tell everyone how far he could cast with it.[supposely it wins long cast contest down under every year lol]by the end of the day he was useing one of my spinning rods.It was called a maldy or something similiar Scott Reeh might remember the name funny to hear about one of them things.

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,027 Posts
I simply don't have the thousand words .....................

1 - 14 of 14 Posts