2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble figuring this one out. Here is an extremely strong company with good financials that missed their mark yesterday and tumbled about 11%. The top analysts still love Red Hat, and are screaming "BUY" at the top of their lungs. Then, IBM won a major battle today in getting a significant portion of a lawsuit brought by SCO thrown out that could have significantly affected the fate of Red Hat. Red Hat should be shooting through the roof right now. I bought in at $22.60 yesterday, which is just a helluva buy on a great company. It's sitting around $23 today instead of jumping into the $25-$26 range I figure it should be at after the great news about the lawsuit that could have potentially cost Red Hat hundreds of millions of dollars. So the announcement that their results were a little off, even though much better than the same quarter last year, sends the stock plummeting, but unbelievably great news today send it tumbling a little more?!? Isn't the stock market a crazy place?? :D ;) BTW, IMHO Red Hat is still an AWESOME buy right now at $23...

I also bought several thousand dollars of NeoWare (NWRE) at $11.75 yesterday which is a little riskier investment, but they are an innovative company that should spring back nicely. They were down over 40% yesterday, so I vultured in on that one! ;) It's up about 6% from where I bought so far.

·
Just call me Breeze
17,288 Posts
Under MSN Money it says Institutional Ownership 100% ? Whats with that? Might be some shorting going on ?, then, back up the truck! lol The one that gets me is Hansen, talk about illegal manipulation. lol

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sold mine for a nice gain, then bought again today at $22.16. Red Hat is a good, solid company. I can't believe they are taking hits the way they are right now. Oh well, I can't complain! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts