2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark your calendars now!

It's official! The SCA will hold it's first fall flounder tournament on November 13th at the Galveston Yacht Basin! Details and entry forms will be finalized by approximately the end of July!

Details available as of this time are still sketchy but, prizes will include BIG money cash of (1st = $750, 2nd = $500 & 3rd = $250). Prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd will also include some of those cool wall plaques that we had last year for the TTMB tourney! There will also be a drawing for early entry before October 16th! Also, other donations are anticipated between now and the tourney! Entry fees will be announced when details are finalized but will include a discounted entry fee for SCA members!

Our own MTStringer will be the honorable weigh master!

Of course, you may have guessed, the ladies are ready to challenge you guys again this year and maybe this year "you" can recover the title but I would suggest that you come prepared by wearing your thongs! FishinChick, Allicat, Frauline and I plan to give you guys a better run for your money so, you just may want to stay home also! PS, Our Billy Stix's have been waiting for this one!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Kimmie, Kimmie, you know that you & the girls look ssssoooooooo much better in a pink thong than us Guys!!!!!

Let the smack begin!

EZ

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
That's the best news I've had all day! I'll start lookin' around for a suitable place on a wall in my fishin' room for the plaque...I already have a good spot for the money! ;) I'll be sending a good chunk of it to BillyStiX for the new rods I'll be orderin' :D

Mike and Pat did a bang-up job with the computer for the weigh in last year and I look forward to the entire experience this year.

BTW, I agree 100% with ED! :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey,

The ladies have plennnnnnty of time to formulate a plan before November! LOL!
I just can't wait until the results are in and you guys go home again WITHOUT bragging rights! LOL!

Go on guys, talk the talk! Us girls will take care of da walk!

·
Banned
11 Posts
Reel Woman said:
Mark your calendars now!

Details available as of this time are still sketchy but, prizes will include BIG money cash of (1st = $750, 2nd = $500 & 3rd = $250). Prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd will also include some of those cool wall plaques that we had last year for the TTMB tourney!

IS that a sarcastic remark or is that really considered BIG money cash?

·
11,765 Posts
IS that a sarcastic remark or is that really considered BIG money cash?[/QUOTE]

Beats a handshake and a slap on the back.

·
Charter Member
5,936 Posts
Now Kim...

How quickly you forget that a guy won the TTMB Flounder tournament! :)
Mike

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Hey Too Tall...

I sho' nuff dig yer signature!:flag:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah Mike

but, the over all stats gave the ladies bragging rights. You guys need to redeme your honor this year.

P.S. Big Daddy, last years first place collected appr. $200 and generated alot of fun and interest. Guess I don't need to elaborate.

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,582 Posts
Looks like i need to pull on the boots

Its not even June and th **it is getting deep. Well i know i will not be weight in a 1 poud fish again this year. I have and 8 pounder tied to a stump somewhere. I was going to use it for star, but i might just have to save it.

Josh

·
Premium Member
23,848 Posts
Just to let everyone know, the details on this tourney are still in the making. The date has been set, we have Galveston Yacht Basin committed for the tourney weigh in. When the details get finalized, I will post up with them, the entry form, ect, and put a sticky on it. Things should be finalized by the end of July and we can go from there when they are.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Jan, Kim, et al, That was LAST YEAR. We cut y'all some slack but this year the gloves come off and it's every flounder for theirself! :D I anticipate a day with better conditions and a better turn out. It should be quite a contest with many more big flounder weighed in...'specially by some of us guys! :p :D

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
OK Smackdaddy, you asked for it!

Only a few of us know the true origin of this photo. Oh sure, WJ said he took it himself for the BillyStix contest but the truth is... it was taken at the conclusion of last year's flounder tourney. Get that lip ready again Jack! LOL.

;)

FC

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys

Check out those stats! The ladies outweighed the guys flounder by more than a pound and the ladies were out numbered by approx. 10 to 1!

You guys need to spend the rest of the summer on Flounder Catchin 1.01! Maybe you can close that 1 lb. gap this fall!

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
Reel Woman said:
Check out those stats! The ladies outweighed the guys flounder by more than a pound and the ladies were out numbered by approx. 10 to 1!
You guys need to spend the rest of the summer on Flounder Catchin 1.01! Maybe you can close that 1 lb. gap this fall!
Top 3 guys vs top 3 ladies and the boy's beat y'alls avg by about .66 of a pound. 5.08 vs 4.42!! :rolleyes:

The line to sign up for FC 101 forms to the right. Please have your forms completed and your check made out to.........:D

Later,

Jeff

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Revisionist Historian there Jeff?

There were approximately 50 anglers and fewer than 10 were women yet the women averaged higher than the men (agreed rules beforehand). Sorry bud but the record speaks for itself! LOL.

FC

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
FishinChick said:
Only a few of us know the true origin of this photo. Oh sure, WJ said he took it himself for the BillyStix contest but the truth is... it was taken at the conclusion of last year's flounder tourney. Get that lip ready again Jack! LOL.

;)

FC
Oh, so ya wanna be like THAT eh! I might just hafta post a pic of you with a dink or missing a fish....oh, wait a minute....I don't have a pic of you like that. :( Ah well, ya know what they say...#2 tries harder! :p :D

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Gee whiz Jack, if I could be HALF the fisherman you are, I would be alright! Just playing with ya. Thanks for being a good sport.

FC

1 - 20 of 25 Posts