2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy is loooking for a stereo and speakers for his marshall. What to get, where to mount?????????????

Look'n to hear some "War Pigs" on the way out to the fishing grounds....

Thanks guys

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Get the best speakers and deck you can afford. Bose makes some really great marine speakers. I have a CD player in my boat, and don't have many issues with it skipping. I have another buddy that just put XM Radio in his boat.

Mount the speakers flush in your console, and think about getting 2 sets. 1 set may not be enough to have sound when running.

·
No Hero pictures don't need them.
954 Posts
look at the poly-plannar radio best marine radio out there and they also have several lines of speakers

·
Registered
169 Posts
get a good radio but speakers don't last that long . . .. if you fish hard they usually last a couple years . . .so i would recomind good but reasonably cheap ones that are water proof or resistant

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my radio from Best Buy with 4 year warranty,I think the extended warranty was $20 have had the unit replaced 3 times for free,the radios only last a year or two before corrosion gets the best of them.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Like the rest

speakers are looked at as disposable they work for 1-2 years and they are trash...either blown out or stop working. I found some Aquaonics that had a life time warranty but dont sound that great... on the fourth set need i say more but free is free. I also put a set on the T-Top to face the driver (me) that are a little better and sound good at wot.
radio is a Jensen that has 7yrs on it...... so now it is sure to break on the next trip
I would look hard a SX radio on my next go around that would be nice to have radio 120mi out .. ..I get tired of the same music over and over and over
joker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts