2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
I think the e-mail was infected with a virus causing my AOL server to go out and cause "Memory Leaks" to happen. the sender was *******,if I remember correctly. It was titled 'forum notify' and it had no text, just an attachment. as curiouse as I am I downloaded it like a fool and infected my pc. I do believe that was it, seeing that it was the only thing I downloaded or opened that day. If I am wrong about this, please let me know so I can make some corrections and appolagies(sp?)

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
JettyJumper said:
I think the e-mail was infected with a virus causing my AOL server to go out and cause "Memory Leaks" to happen. the sender was ********* ,if I remember correctly. It was titled 'forum notify' and it had no text, just an attachment. as curiouse as I am I downloaded it like a fool and infected my pc. I do believe that was it, seeing that it was the only thing I downloaded or opened that day. If I am wrong about this, please let me know so I can make some corrections and apologies(sp?)
Never open an attachment unless you know who sent it to you, and you can trust them with your wife and daughter! Do you use a virus program and update it weekly? Don't post a clickable link to a possible virus on a message board that is recovering from a hack. And find a better ISP than AOL!

Not jumping your case just trying to help. EV1 is a good ISP for the buck. $10 a month. I know mont has had issues with them about some email virus protection but they provide a pretty good service. I've been with them for about 6 years.

Hope this helps.

Rick

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
too many bugs lately

I have been getting about 5 to 15 virus emails a day for the last month.

I do not open anything now unless I know for sure it is coming or something in the email is specific to me and then I have checked on one or two. :)

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I shouldn't of opened it. I didn't think of the e-mail address being that vital. sorry about that.

I dumped AOL and now I'm trying PeoplePC. but you gotta remember, I live miles from a well populated city which means most servers are long distance numbers for me. The only choises I have are AOL, PeoplePC, GVEC and one otherone I can't recall.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spots and Dots said:
...sounds like you may have just fingered a decent business venture in Gozales.....I can see it now, Come and Take it Internet!
I think I'm gonna go into the internet bussiness. sounds like a hoot. LOL

you acutally know about Gonzales... not many people do.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Trust No One

JJ ...
Even for email attachments from friends, always save them to your hard drive first, do not open in the email, then run your virus program on the file before opening. Folks sometimes pass stuff on and don't even know it's infected.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mont, thanx for removing that e-maill addy.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
I feel like that I have a great virus protection program. I spent a couple of weeks getting those infected e-mail and my protection detected it and warned me when one came in and then dumped it for me. That's the kind of lookin' after I need, don'tcha know!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Two more

JettyJumper said:
I know I shouldn't of opened it. I didn't think of the e-mail address being that vital. sorry about that.

I dumped AOL and now I'm trying PeoplePC. but you gotta remember, I live miles from a well populated city which means most servers are long distance numbers for me. The only choises I have are AOL, PeoplePC, GVEC and one otherone I can't recall.
Hey JJ, there are two more ISP's in Gonzales. Awesomenet and CIA. I'm on Awesomenet $99.00 yearly, I'm going to look at CIA, hopeing to get better speeds.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Channelcat said:
Hey JJ, there are two more ISP's in Gonzales. Awesomenet and CIA. I'm on Awesomenet $99.00 yearly, I'm going to look at CIA, hopeing to get better speeds.
CIA? Channelcat Internet Association? hehe

Holy cow!!! only $99 anually?? thats better than what I got...

·
Registered
798 Posts
I wish.......

JettyJumper said:
CIA? Channelcat Internet Association? hehe

Holy cow!!! only $99 anually?? thats better than what I got...
The son in law is using CIA, he is out by Saturn, his mother is on CIA and she is out at LAke Wood. I will see if I can find out where to contact them.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks man. oh and have you found out naything about Tyson?

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Channelcat said:
address is still up, look in the quote in the first reply. Try this for http://www.Awesomenet.net. $9.95 month now, I think I paid $116 including tax for this year.
ooooooooooooooooooopppppppppppppppssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't spot that one...

lemme check em out...

·
Registered
798 Posts
**** kids

never stay home. I tried three numbers and can't find any of the kids in Gonzales. I'll e-mail one at her work and try to let you know tomorrow

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
awsomenet.net

I just might give it a shot. sounds good and you can get 6 months free. whats better than free??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts