2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Whooo son!
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone getting good truck deals lately? During peak Covid you could find all sorts of discounts on anything and everything. Seems like it's been slim pickings lately... Looking to pick up a Chevy/GMC/Ford HD 3/4ton, but they sure are proud... GM has the newest exterior, but just like Ford, the interiors need some serious work! Wish they would update soon...

·
fish control my brain
7,710 Posts
Yeah... I’m looking at tundras, as I don’t want the 22’

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Even used are crazy high, if you can even find one that fits your needs. Great time to sell a truck.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,308 Posts
Supply is low low....
used is crazy because ppl do not want to wait. The mark up on used is crazy as hell. i did get a good deal on a used F350 srw early last week and got rid of the ram 2500 6.4 gasser

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I called about ordering some 1 ton fleet trucks last week. Dealer wanted to know if September would be an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Saved by the Grace of God
4,014 Posts
The prices will continue to go up until the consumer decides enough is enough. It is crazy that they are now $40k to $90k. But if people keep buying them they will continue to go up. Once the consumer realizes they have the power to control the prices, then a reset can happen. Wages have not increased in proportion to vehicle and boat prices.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
covid changed the world, there is a shortage of commodities but no shortage of money, people or buyers. recreation is the name of the game, families buying bikes, RV's tents, you name it. and for some reason there seems to be more people in the world then ever before. :oops:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
We bought a new toy hauler in sept 2019. Sticker $94,000 and got it for $60,000 plus Tax.
Same rig is now $115,000 with MAYBE 5% off.
Crazy.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
covid changed the world, there is a shortage of commodities but no shortage of money, people or buyers. recreation is the name of the game, families buying bikes, RV's tents, you name it. and for some reason there seems to be more people in the world then ever before. :oops:
I follow a “humorous” sales page on fb. Mainly car guys. They’re taking pictures of their lots.

Basically empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
I've had my F-150 for 3 years and put 65,000 of the 75,000 miles it has on it and according to NADA the private party value of my truck is $800 less than I paid for it 3 years and 65K miles ago. Crazy!

·
OVERWATCH
13,187 Posts
Just traded my 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum CCLB SRW with 39k miles on it and got more on trade than I paid for the truck when I bought it. Picked up a 2021 Ford F-450 and got roughly $3k back of invoice. The deals are out there, just have to hunt them down.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I bought my truck used last year around the end of May. Today my truck, with 20K more miles, would cost me about $8K to $10K more than what I paid for it last year; it's unreal. Really makes me want to sell, but what would I replace it with?

·
US Army Aviation NSDQ!
3,714 Posts
I bought my truck used last year around the end of May. Today my truck, with 20K more miles, would cost me about $8K to $10K more than what I paid for it last year; it's unreal. Really makes me want to sell, but what would I replace it with?
I am in the same boat. 2019 F150 xlt fx4 3.5eco with the Max tow. Buddy of mine rolled over to a dealership here local to us(SE Alabama) because he is eyeballing vehicles. Salesman offered me $42k on trade in. That’s $2000 less than I paid for the truck new.

It’s paid off, so it’s tempting to get that extra money for it but there is NOTHING replace it with.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just bought an 18 Tundra in the very beginning of March. Just two months later the prices have really creeped up. I have no doubt I could sell it for 5K more than I paid for it two months ago.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Its definitely a sellers market right now, but its only beneficial to sell if you're not needing to buy a replacement. Otherwise, all of the extra money you made selling you're going to have to put right back into something else, so you're really no better off. Best case is to be able to sell today and wait 12-18 months to buy something else. Then you might get the best of both worlds.

I can tell you that used car values are through the roof. I was searching for a new commuter car and priced a 2014 Camry with 126k miles on it back in early March for $7500. Four weeks later, the same dealer was selling the same car with 122k miles on it for $11,500 and it was gone within a couple of days. A 2014 Camry with 90k miles on it are going for $14k - $15k. For some perspective, these cars sold brand new in 2014 for about $21k - $22k.

·
Registered
POC to Baffin Bay
2,056 Posts
There are thousands of Ford trucks sitting waiting for some type of chip. They are all 2021's, when they finally get their chips it will almost 2022. I'm betting those trucks will have huge rebates to make room for the 2022's coming out right behind them.

·
Premium Member
15,752 Posts
Just traded my 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum CCLB SRW with 39k miles on it and got more on trade than I paid for the truck when I bought it. Picked up a 2021 Ford F-450 and got roughly $3k back of invoice. The deals are out there, just have to hunt them down.
look and see what your zr1 went up in value last month. 😉

1 - 20 of 23 Posts