2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just built up a few rods for the fun of it. We had a gathering on Saturday and I wanted to build a few new ones with some different techniques. There's a little bit of every thing; Crackle, JT Dragons, Tour Star grips and a couple of plain builds.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Mark you have really been busy. You got that Crackle thing down tight. You really have done a bunch of work and your finish is just getting spectacular.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mark you have really been busy. You got that Crackle thing down tight. You really have done a bunch of work and your finish is just getting spectacular.
Doc, some fellow out in California that works for Cheese gave me some great tips on finish. It's coming along, but I still struggle with getting a smooth finish on the open wraps. I've come to the conclusion that open wraps can't be perfectly smooth. They aren't bad, just not as smooth as the closed and crackle finish. Thanks again Doc for the help, it's really improved the finished (pun intended) product.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all for the kind words. The crackle is fast becoming a favorite of mine, you don't spend a lot of time on it and it looks great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts