2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so tired of hearing that the economy is recovering & unemployment is stabilizing if not slightly increasing. I'm a small business owner & have not been effected by the economy until the past month or two. Sales have slowed down but that's not what Harry Smith or Katy Couric will tell us.

I've been speaking with all my customers around the nation, & a great customer in Europe, to get their feedback & it's consistent from each & everyone of them. They all tell me they're contractors are having a hard time getting end users to shell out money for projects either b/c they don't have any or can't risk to spend any at this time. I do completely understand that, heck my family & I are doing the same, you're probably doing it as well.

So here's the question. If the economy is strengthening how long will it be until the country/world feels comfortable enough to start spending a little? Will there be a small hiatus of good times until taxes are raised to pay back the stimulus? We all know the payback is coming, but when? I'm just frustrated & wanted to see what everyone else thought. I also feel horrible when I see postings on 2cool like the one the other day where the guy said it's official, he's unemployeed.

My Miller Lite intake has increased, I guess that's good for the Miller Lite Distributors....:cheers:

·
Don't touch my junk, bro!
5,840 Posts
Small business owner here, too. Our income so far is down 50k over last year, and my primary business partner (wife) is working twice as hard.

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,391 Posts
we bid jobs months to year out. Saw a slow down for the last six month period. But things look to be picking up going into 2010. It is not as bad in Texas as other places, hope we have weathered the storm and things will get back to normal in a few months.

Poeple are spending less, but prices keep going down compared to a year ago it is much cheaper in my business to build now. Loos like a hell of a deal to many who put off only a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm hearing almost all of my contractors say that everyone is waiting for the new year, who knows if oil keeps going up Texas could bust wide open again. Everyone always complains about high oil prices, I say bring it on. I've noticed the higher the oil, the more product we move.

Thank God it's hunting season!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.