2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Juno Beach, FL 6/6 Report /Pix

(Late Report):

Well, I managed to get about four hours in on Sunday. Hit the Beach around 1:00pm, HT had long gone and I would have to walk out a considerable distance to cast to deeper water, sunny nice day E-SE around 10mph with gusts higher.

Set-up with one Shark rod, fresh Bluerunner head. Susan came out about an hour later. Pretty slow, then around 3:00 I had a good run and drop, bait was gone.

Put out another head, and a short while later, my rod's down, "Air-Cuda," got him up to the beach face and he flopped around and spit the hook and took off.

Rebaited put out another Runner head, around 5:30 my rod goes off, another 'Cuda, this one came out twice, jumped way high, got a few pix and thought about keeping him for bait, but I've already got some 'Cuda in the freezer, and I've yet to try it for Shark Bait.

Not too much to report and no Sharkies, but "Biters," none-the-less. ;)

I'm 'gonna try to put some serious time in next weekend, Thurs.- Sun.

Here's a few pix, too bad their so grainy(?)

Smiling for the camera.

Back in the water. C'YA!

Tight Lines!

:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Hey!

Sea-Slug said:
What kinda rod you got that 9500SS straped on top off? Is that a OM?
No, I do have a 12' OM (heavy action) that I usually use.

I just picked the one in the pix up, it's a St. Croix, Avid Series, 11'6" (heavy action).

It's a nice rod, with any luck next weekend I'll break it in on some Sharkies.

;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: No doubt,...

My experience with St. Croix (Surf) rods,... are awesome,... I have several 10 footers that I've landed Big Rays and many 6'-6'.6" Sharks on.

My bigger rods (12's) are OMs and Fenwick, Lamiglass and Penns, this is the first St. Croix over 11' that I've picked up, I'm sure it'll be great, they tweaked the tip-eyelet, it has a wider anti-tangle girth that's 'kinda neato, but I will say that as far as off the shelf rods go, for the Surf,.. St. Croix Rods are a good bet.

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts