2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tring to learn some of the features of the c80. I got the trip log pulled up on data bar. I cannot find how to reset the number. Anyone know how. And also is this number a gps recording or a paddle wheel. I can find no definitive answers in the bible. I use my yamaha gauges but they are inaccurate at low speed and show me that I have traveled further than I really have.

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,286 Posts
cobia 254 cc said:
I am tring to learn some of the features of the c80. I got the trip log pulled up on data bar. I cannot find how to reset the number. Anyone know how. And also is this number a gps recording or a paddle wheel. I can find no definitive answers in the bible. I use my yamaha gauges but they are inaccurate at low speed and show me that I have traveled further than I really have.
Cobia,
Im not really understanding your question your asking. But I have a C80 and can work it pretty good. Where do you live?

Only thing I can think of your trying to ask is about the tracking. I think that might be what your calling a trip log. I clear my tracking out before each trip.

GPS recording/Paddle wheel? you must be asking about does it show your speed. If thats it. The menu button can help you tell the machine what information you want it to show. One of the absolute best features of the unit, and I guess if it came down to it, its the thing that made up my mind for me. On the fish finder, it shows two sets of coordinate numbers--one is the boat position by gps and the other is the cursor positiion by gps. If your driving along at 20knts and run over a fishing spot you dont have. you simply pause the screen, run the cursor over to the spot you ran over and WALLAAAA you have the gps coordinate of the spot without having to track back. I thought that was wonderful. I still however have an additional garmin unit that I use for my main GPS when I get to a spot. I switch the c80 to full screen fish finder split with zoom and regular to where I can see whats going on and if needed make adjustments on the gain or color etc..

Best thing I did after I got mine last year was order me different tapes/CDs on its use and a connection cable to aligator clamp to a four wheeler battery where I could fiddle with it in the house while reclined. I bought tapes/cd's on fish finder use, operating the unit. I would suggest calling them if thats of interest. http://bennettmarine.com/

These new units of all makers are computers. And about the best way I know to learn it is to watch those videos and just plain and simply spend some time with it. I have no clue how many hours I had messing with mine in the house before it ever when on my boat.

Good luck, hope this maybe helped some.

Its actually pretty easy to do once you get use to it.

Hog

·
If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your time hog, I put log trip on data bar. It shows I have traveled 1780 miles because it has never been reset. I was just trying to find the right button to reset it. It seems I have pushed every one I can find but I know that is not true. I need the video.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The trip log reset is in a funny place.

1. You go to the set up menu

2. Go the system settings menu

3. About halfway down that menu it says "reset ground trip log #1" - go to that.

4. At the bottom it will ask if you are sure and say yes. - Then you are done.

It took me forever to figure out how to do that. Let me know if you still can't make it reset

John

·
Registered
32 Posts
C80/120

We Just Hooked Up A 120 To Go Along With Our C80..half Way Out Saturday, We Lost The Gps..."unit Said The Sat Lost Our Location..has That Happen To Either Of You ??? Any Idea's ?? We Thought We Had An Antenna Probelm , But Half Way Back In It All Started Working Again ???

·
Back in da Saddle
10,160 Posts
FAMILY TIES said:
We Just Hooked Up A 120 To Go Along With Our C80..half Way Out Saturday, We Lost The Gps..."unit Said The Sat Lost Our Location..has That Happen To Either Of You ??? Any Idea's ?? We Thought We Had An Antenna Probelm , But Half Way Back In It All Started Working Again ???
Which GPS sensor do you have ???
Raystar 120 or 125 ???

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.