2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
**Follow me to certain death**
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine was telling me about a fly he saw on TV the other day. Called it a rattle rouser. Sounded purdy cool, anyone know where to get one.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
This spring I bought some at FTU. Chris told me that it was one of his "go to" flies. I haven't been out in the salt since my trip to Corpus in June and I didn't try them then because I used a friends rod and he had a spoon tied on it.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I'm the guy that invented the one that they sell at FTU. It is called The Tail Tamer (rattle shrimp), and I published the tying instructions in Greg Berlocker's book of Texas Fly Patterns. The best place to buy them is I Fly Angler's Edge, located on Post Oak in Houston. They work well anytime shrimp are in the bay - caught numerous small reds on one in Galveston last weekend......

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
The eyes are platic bead chain. They add no weight - they are simply there to better simulate a shrimp. Of course, if you are tying a rattle rouser out of silver mylar to simulate a baitfish instead of a shrimp, you would omit the eyes and splayed hacles used to replicate the whiskers on the rattle shrimp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.