2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cabin in Christmas bay I need to check. have seen the pics of CR257 out of Surfside and don't want to try and pull the boat through that area. Does anyone know of a ramp open in Bastrop or somewhere near that is accessable?
Thanks
Baystlth22

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is a haul from Chocolate. how is the debris in the bay? Can I run on plane without fear of hitting something?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Bastrop ramp is open in Demi John and i believe The Marlin marina ramp is also open but i would use caution when running that water.

·
Retired and working
1,572 Posts
DON'T go fast.....save yourself the time, trouble, and embarrassment. Not worth it. Give yourself a little more time and enjoy the scenery. TOO much trash.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wedge said:
DON'T go fast.....save yourself the time, trouble, and embarrassment. Not worth it. Give yourself a little more time and enjoy the scenery. TOO much trash.
there's no trash in christmas bay.the south shoreline is as green as always.what trash there was has been pushed up onto the north end.definatley fishable.

·
Registered
112 Posts
don't listen to these clowns about trash in christmas bay.the water looks good back there.bait all over the south shoreline.

·
Retired and working
1,572 Posts
Clown? I have been called worse. Common sense will take you far. You can still ease in there slow and catch fish, check your bay house, or haul flapper out if he hits some underwater obstruction.

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
I launched at 2004 and Bastrop Bayou this Sunday only to get down to Demi John and find Bastrop and Marlin ramps open and fine. I sure could have saved some time. We went all the way to SLP and didn't see ANY trash in the water. Sure there could be submerged items, but we didn't hit anything or see anything in the water.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the report about Bastrop ramp and christmas bay I have been wanting to go check out my locker at the marina but did not want to drive all that way without at least being able to fish if my locker is damaged and have to bring the boat home again. I will report back!!

·
DOINK
10,030 Posts
FishinHippie said:
not much debris on chocolate, but i would be carefull anywhere in the bays for a while
second that... i was ther sunday... not too bad.

Hippie... you have that light green Mosca i saw there sunday??

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys I really appreciate the info and the comedy lol. Now all I need is to make sure I can get diesel to and from Dallas and I'll be on my way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts