2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
houston chronicle says they will be releasing trout , some places they already have, anyone fish that Eisenhower Park Pond near alke houston parkway or burroughs park, i would love to put my kids on some fish, and what is the best bait/lure, the chronicle said you can catch these with a corn kernal on a small hook, but any advice would be appreciated, thanks 2 coolers.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Any of the small Panther Martin's should do the trick.......

·
www.jacksride.org
5,221 Posts
Went to Tom Bass III Friday and Saturday morning. It was so cold had to chip ice of the rod tip/guide.

Friday caught them all on a rooster tail and super duper.

Saturday(even colder) and they were hitting chartreuse trout dough bait(power bait) on a 16 treble with a split shot about 1.5 feet up.

Had a great time. Some goldens as well as rainbows. My 7 year old was in heaven.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Went to Eisenhower with only inline spinners and didn't get any bites.

Saw several people catching them on doughbait and berkley trout nuggets, but no action on salmon eggs. Best bet was on a light line with very little to no weight. Couple guys had a limit of 11-12 inchers when they left.

·
I fish so there for I am
1,130 Posts
caught a limt this morning with a white rooster tail.. only took about an hour,

Attachments

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
SSmarinaman those are some good lookin trout. I usually go over ther and catch them but I have been catchin a lot of fish elsewhere. I may have to break away and go tomorrow.I have some power eggs that catches them every year and also some small rooster tails.

Matt

·
Registered
98 Posts
Fangard has it down right. I caught my limit in 15min using 4lb test line size 16 treble hook and pink berkley floating powerbait with a small pinch weight about 18 in. above hook. I also use berkley 3in trout worm orange or chartruese color. Its hard to find the trout worms at stores here in houston but you can order them at the berkley website. The trick is to use small hooks and test line so that the trout can swallow the bait with out feeling the hook or line tension thats why a small weight is useful. Well, good luck to ya!!!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks forthe info. guys, I will be taking the kids to Burroughs Park Sunday, and see if we can post some pics on here, looks like I will be visiting Academy tomorrow for some freshwater toys, tight lines ya!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Went to the park in conroe today about noon with my wife, ml, and daughter...needless to say I didn't do much fishing and it was very slow and rainy. Going to burroughs tomorrow for the release for my chance to fish. :)

·
On the hunt for Pez Gallo.
597 Posts
:cheers:
Went to the park in conroe today about noon with my wife, ml, and daughter...needless to say I didn't do much fishing and it was very slow and rainy. Going to burroughs tomorrow for the release for my chance to fish. :)
Thanks forthe info. guys, I will be taking the kids to Burroughs Park Sunday, and see if we can post some pics on here, looks like I will be visiting Academy tomorrow for some freshwater toys, tight lines ya!
Hey Guys, just a heads up if you didn't call. the release will be @ 11-11:30am. i was at Burrows last year for the drop, being that im 7 minutes away. im getting ready now to head up there, i'll be in a black jacket and blue jeans and camo hat carrying a blue and white cooler. No worries on getting skunked today.

·
On the hunt for Pez Gallo.
597 Posts
just got back, super slow. caught a few, im thinking if the sun comes out it'll pick up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
houston chronicle says they will be releasing trout , some places they already have, anyone fish that Eisenhower Park Pond near alke houston parkway or burroughs park, i would love to put my kids on some fish, and what is the best bait/lure, the chronicle said you can catch these with a corn kernal on a small hook, but any advice would be appreciated, thanks 2 coolers.
Pink or green marshmallows at eisenhower have worked best. Just put you a small split shot weight about 12-18" from it and wait. Most are being caught on the east end of the pond.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts