2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
chartreuse power bait. Rig on a slip sinker/fish finder rig with about 2lb test leader. If that doesn't work, put it about 4 feet below a bobber and slow troll around the lake (don't laugh, this works when nothing else will)...you need to weight down the bait with a bb shot a couple inches above the hook.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
The bigger ones are biting down on the guadalupe river. Fished there the last day of the year & caught several nices up to about 18", all caught on inline spinners, white in color. One old boy fishing nearby said his buddy caught a brownie over 24", @ about 5 lbs. down river from where we were fishing, they were flyfishing. I fished right before the major feeding time & like clockwork they turned on right when the calendar said.

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
They were stocked today at Eisenhower Park just south of Lake Houston.

I went mid-afternoon and the bite was slow. We could see fish, but only a few limits were caught. They would check out my bait (Berkley trout power bait, or some thing like that and road runners of many sorts), then swim off.

I saw no cormorants (SP?) around, so they trout should be there for a few more days, maybe weeks with this cold weather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts