2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I caught one yesterday b/w 15-20# (well, caught 2 and threw the other one back because I didn't know what it was). I am new to the offshore game and didn't know what I had. I looked it up today and the webpage says it has "Very Good" food value. Anyone here ever eat one? Looks like the Texas State record is 28# and some change. There were a whole mess of big ones at the one rig we fished yesterday. I caught my first AJ (pic attached) and Triple tail (pic attached). We caught some peanut dolphin and landed two sublegal ling (one just missed legal). Also landed a short AJ and had several AJ's break off. Can't ask for a better day on the pond. Thanks bg for the invite.

PS - Please excuse the dumb looks on my face! :) I guess I wasn't ready for the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
We've eaten rainbow runners and found them excellent. They were all small around 2-3 lbs so I can't say on the large ones. Keith out of Deep-sea headquarters caught the pending state record a few months ago.

·
"We're gonna need a bigger boat!"
3,483 Posts
Justin, I think the dumb look on your face was from the fact that you couldnt believe I couldnt operate your camera! lol

It was great fishing with you, bg, and wishin4fishin again!

Shaky

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Try those rainbow runners sashimi style with a little wasabi and soy. As good or better than california yellowtail.

·
Registered
640 Posts
sashimi

I agree with James, except for the wasabi. They are really good however you like them cooked or not for that matter. They are skinny, but round withg lots of clean meat. I love em'.

Pope

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,059 Posts
Dang, I guess we should have kept cathing them. There were a bunch and they weren't small...

Oh well, next time.

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,059 Posts
More pics from the weekend. All of Justin since he hogged all the big fish. No pics of the chicken dolphin melee because the action was too fast and I didn't want the police showing up with a CSI unit...

In reverse order... Justin with the Triple Tail, then with the AJ on and finally the AJ on the gaff.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts