2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GOT WHEELS NOW
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyone who has used the Rage 3 blade broadhead tell me the good, bad, ugly please

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
shot my first animal 2 weeks ago with it.... about a 100 lb pig. I am planning on busting some more pigs this weekend to test them out.

the first pig was broadside about 23 yards, and turned towards me right before I shot, so I hit him dead in the shoulder (missing the bone), and the arrow went completley through.

he wobbled about 15-20 yards and dropped.... the arrow exited the rib cage well behind his lungs and left a sizable hole. There is one small chip on on of the blades, but should still be fine for shooting pigs.

I'm going to try and shoot a larger pig tonight or in the morning to see how it goes.

I will say, the mechanics of the rage have made it my favorite mechanical though. The difference in hole size compared to previous mechanicals I've used is huge.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Really good broadheads. They don't last too long if you are shooting pigs but wicked good as far as the kill goes. I shot several does and a nice 143" buck with them last year. The buck had the arrow only penetrate halfway due to bone but the damage was still unreal. I recommend them.

·
GOT WHEELS NOW
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tiedown said:
what about shooting them through shoot through windows, like a double bull blind.
I asked a Cabelas archery rep this very same question....the answer was no problem if the shots are under like 25 yrds....if more than 25 yrds. ?????

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
tiedown said:
what about shooting them through shoot through windows, like a double bull blind.
I don't shoot them, so this is just and opinion, but.....I wouldn't. I think that is just asking for trouble.

But, then again, I don't even shoot fixed blades through mesh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts