2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Si Tex radar moniter and dome that went one on one with a low tree limb and broke a small chunk off the dome's cover. There are several stress cracks as well. Will this make it unreliable or inoperable? Doesn't look to have broken anything inside the plastic cover...

·
Registered
54 Posts
The stress cracks won't hurt anything, but if the chununk that fell off left a hole to the inside of the dome then water will cause damage to the internals. If ther is no place for water to enter then I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole is on the front face, not on top. I may try a ******* cure and tape it up with Gorilla tape until I can replace it. It would definately get some water if it was raining... Do you know if you can replace the cover without buying the whole radome? That puppy is expensive to replace the whole thing. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
813 Posts
The covers for a furuno are $156.00. Go to any high end marine electronics (Breakwater, Sail Tech - clear Lake area). They can order one.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wrote Si Tex to see if you could just buy a cover... have not heard back from them yet. I'll try Breakwater too... thanks for the idea.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
What model .. Si-Tex ????

John

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
I'll price one for you Monday...

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts