2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MrsB has informed me that I need to get up at 2:30 A.M. to take her to the radio station tomorrow. Since I have to get up, I want lots of people to call in. Let's make this worthwhile!

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
Honey Pot,

You know you don't want me traipsing all over Houston by myself at that time of night! Lordy!

Y'all call in. But be sure to address all the EASY questions to me, and all the HARD questions to Laura! LOL

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
Hey Mrs B, If I leave the galvatraz jetties and hit 135 degrees on the compass to head out which way is that taking me? Will I find a good spot? Think I'll run aground? Please help!

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Larry, i am so glad that you are coming along. Me and Tom can not wait to meet you.I am sure that you will have fun along with LOTS of coffee. Its gonna be fun, but its gonna be about fishing says Capt Wayne. I just can't wait, see ya tommorrow, Laura

I gotta go to sleep now. HAHA!! I'll be at work.

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Mrs. B...

My bride & I (and Odie the wonder dog) will be heading up to Tyler to visit my Dad earrrrrlllly tomorrow morning. Looking forward to listening to you and Laura school the captain on proper fishing techniques! Hope you two have a great time of it.

BTW: I call him the wonder dog cause when you throw him the tennis ball ya wonder when he's gonna bring it back to ya! :biggrin:

·
Always imitated... never duplicated.
4,848 Posts
Time Time Time

What time does the DYNAMIC DUO GO ON???????

Jode

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
NOW LETS GET ON WITH SOME FISHING INFORMATION. GIVE US SOME QUIZES> WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET so that i might sound like i know what we are talking about. Bait, Pole, Water, Fish ....Lets go.... HM 135 degree, well you will have to talk to the Captain. All i want to know is "Where are the Fish"

Feed a man a fish, feed him for the day
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
"Fisher of Men"

·
12,607 Posts
Seeing how bright colored bait usually work well. Do you think a goldfish would be a good bait for reds and trout? How long do they last in salt. I mean aren't black salties a gold fish hybred.

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
I already feel a nap coming on... and I'll be at work till 7 PM. YIPES!

Let's see... kayak, paddle, PFD, anchor, drift anchor, fishing rods, rod floats, keep your nose over your belly-button... wait a minute, it's been years since I've even SEEN my belly-button... OOPS! More than you needed or wanted to know!

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
You mean i was born with a belly button. I guess i was a chubby baby. HAHA Actually i ordered a new one last year. LOTS of Luv, Laura

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Back to fishing, black salties have lasted up to five days, they are hardy and they do catch fish, and they do look like a goldfish. Now, i need some advice, beings that we have a 52ft BAYBOAT, i need some tips on where we can go and really catch trout. Remember we have a 3 1/2 ft Draft

·
12,607 Posts
Marker 52 to 54 east edge of the channel and cast to the east side of channel on the flats. Use a croaker with a 12 inch leader and a egg weight. Or try to head over to Hannas reef , If you only draft 3.5 you can go lot of places. 52' and only 3.5, you shure about that?

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
What Spout said. We fish that area in our Luhrs as well as on east of the channel. There are quite a number reefs in deep water out there. Some of our friends were out there Saturday in their Luhrs using Spouts method and did well until they ran out of croakers.
Bob

·
non-politically correct
7,304 Posts
52 ft. & 3.5ft draft, shoot that's a skinny water boat, LOL. Ladies I am sure you will do well, I know I will be listening, good luck!

·
12,607 Posts
you folks shure y'all don't need me to come down there and tell you the answers so you don't get head aches! LOL :rotfl:

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Yes sir, and yes i am sure about the draft, our boat is a "Coastal Cruiser" not made for offshore. Skinny Bottom for sure. We go about 4 miles only when we go offshore. Thats why we are always "LIVE FROM THE JETTIES". The bay ois fun, we fish alot by the wells. There is a deep trough over there by Bolivar.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts