2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to listen to radiofreetexas.org while at work. For about two weeks I can no longer listen, I can hear "El presidente" at the beginning, but then no music. I click on the "listen" button, but nothing.

I'm on a work computer, hooked up via a WAN to Austin (BIG brother). I know I didn't change any settings, but I wonder about Austin.

I'm using Firefox and right now have administrative rights to my computer, so if anyone can be of help I would appreciate it.

Charlene

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
I hear the streaming intro then no music. I clicked "listen" and even "play" but nothing...do you have to be a member to listen?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a member, but I don't think you need to be one to listen, so maybe it's not me...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I listen all day at work. Every now and then I can't hear it. I hit the refresh button and nothing happens, then in a few minutes it will come back on. I think it has more to do with El P end of things.

Not sure what you're problem is though. I know when we had server problems and our IT guru was routing things through another server while he fixed ours, I couldn't get RFT.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From their web page.

Stream Trouble
For those of you having trouble streaming the station over the past couple of weeks...

There was an upgrade to the streaming server two weeks ago. Unfortunately this has effected a small percentage of users and their ability to access the stream. Since we utilize Windows Media Player for all users to be able to access the stream we are recommending that all listeners who are having trouble upgrade their Windows Media Player software to the latest version possible. This should fix any problems that you are having. All changes have been made on our end to make the stream as accessible as possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this poses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts