2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
Dude, that was cool...when you building one? I can see it zipping over the surf on Sam's Beach. We'll use the hwy to take off and land...

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol

Drew. The engine alone can cost up to 3K. And there is no way I can fly a jet. Im still on a trainer. I can allways get it back together and fly it at the beach. Just have to wait for calm winds. I have 3 engines for it but my favorite is the 4 stroke. Ill see if I can find a pic.

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
I used to have a guy that would come in to the dive shop I worked at and fill a scuba tank that he used to start the turbine spinning on his RC jet. I think he said an average flight was about 8 minutes before he ran out of fuel. Never did get to go see it fly, but would have been really cool to see it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Gary- Zach and I were at the Hobby shop getting parts for our boats and saw a f-16 about 8 or 9 feet long and had landing gears yes the wheels went into compartments while flying. It was very pricy each engine was 16k and it had 2 so that thing was for a pro but Zach and I saw a Budweiser boat that we like it was 300 bucks and gas powered might get it by the end of the year.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brewjr

You must of been at M&M on Chiminey Rock and Bellaire. My very first race was there in 94.

TexasT. Dude, I couldnt run the video. It just came up with some ambience stuff.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Texas T

What it is, is, I dont have all the stuff loaded like Java script. I dont have enough disc space to load everything I should. Im running XP pro with only 351 meg. LOL

Thank you though.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, but scale is cool.

I built a 1/5 scale Piper Cub once. In an apartment. LOL

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
I just watched a show (I think PBS)

on this. The top speed was around 280mph for the jets but current (Legal) speed is set at 200mph. The show had everything, jets, boats and cars. Very cool! They showed where Tesla was the very first person that made a remote controlled boat, and the craze kept going. There use to be an air show on the weekends down toward Texas City, I wonder if they still get together and do that?

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
That is 2cool

Ive never been much on rc stuff but that jet was awesome. Id love to do that. I would be so dang scared Id auger in Id have an ulcer by flights end. That guy flying the jet obviously had some experience. I wonder how many he planted before getting the hang of it. Flawless landing too, cool stuff.

Zac

·
Banned
360 Posts
for a second there that b52 didnt look like it was gonna get off the ground. you gotta have a lot of patience to fly something like that, ive crashed many a planes all cause of a lack of patience.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts