2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a racor filter. How the heck does it work? It says to drain water out of the valve but how do you know if there is water in there? I test drained it and fuel came out. How do these suckers work.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
when you drain it out. drain it into a clear container. water is heavier than gas so it will be on the bottom. if you have water in container you will have no problem seeing it....rick

·
Registered
106 Posts
Water in Racor

Luckily I haven't yet had noticeable water in my seperators. I've heard it described as salad dressing with water rolling around in the bottom of the bowl or the water is described as rusty brown and the gas clear. I guess either way it is obvious...better safe than sorry so I usually drain some off every couple of months gas or not...

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
Filter

I suppose you have the clear bottom on the raycor. You can see the water in the botom (if you have any) and just drain it out. You can certainly tell the difference when the water quits draining and the gas begans to flow.

Charlie

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, I have the clear bottom with the drain. Thanks for the rely. How often do you change filters?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts