2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wade Fishing Fanatic
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to talk about the race fees at M&M. I think what we are doing with 18th. scale is great. Its fun racing that is low cost for the cars. I don't want to see the race fees comparable to larger scale cars and racing that is currently going on.

I charge $10.00 to race as many cars and classes per driver as you want. I feel like that is pretty fair. It gets more fair if you race more than one class which most people do. If you race only one car, I guess it could be a little pricey but I would encourage you to get another car and take advantage of it.

Its also important to get the little ones, and the bare novice drivers involved. I think I may have over charged for it this past weekend and I want to make good on it. This only effects Donnie, and Greg at the moment because their son's raced the novice class this past weekend, and after thinking about it, I shouldn't have charged them.

So from now on (at M&M) any novice driver who is under 12 years old, comes with their parent that is paying to race, will be able to race for free. Its important for the dads or moms to bring the kids out and get involved in what were doing. So Donnie, and Greg. We owe you two a free race day to cover this past weekend.

Once we get the off road going at M&M, our race days will utilize both tracks. The fees will still be $10.00 for as many cars or classes that you want to race. Same thing will apply for novice drivers that qualify for the situation above as well.

·
Like a Rock
987 Posts
Thats awesome Danny. I dont know who said what, But it was no problem for me. I am glad I got into the mini scale racing because my son and me both enjoy it alot. I spent a hefty amount of money last night ordering stuff that both of the 18T's needed. Hopefully the steering issues will be solved on all 3 rides now!

·
Wade Fishing Fanatic
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nobody said anything... It was just something that I felt needed to be done. Glad you had a good time!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thank you from me too Danny, Like Donnie, I do this just to have something else to do with my son and possibly my daughter if she learns.

We'll keep coming either way.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Good move I think

Not enough is done to entice younger drivers to the sport IMHO. Its the lifeblood if you think about it. Gotta keep those youngsters coming into the sport or it will die off a slow death. Let me know when you get both tracks up and running and I'll come down and make some videos for you.

Griz

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
do i count???? :D j/k

hopefully i can get my sister to drive a mini and get her into it

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
You guys keep on thinking and doing stuff like this, Houston may be known as the RC meca in the future!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I really like the effort that the folks managing the 1/18th scale scene are doing. Great thinking on this. I hope to get another 1/18th car soon so I can start bringing my daughter.

Quite a bit different than an experience I had of being told there was going to be racing, once upon a time this year, but only a handful showed up at the track so the shop thought it was not "worth their time" and therefore cancelled racing and subsequently asked for practice fees. Sorry, my itty bitty crappy committee in my head was just working overtime, I apologize. And this is why I am headed to race mini's this weekend. :)

Thanks Danny and Trey for valiant efforts for the sake of the hobby. You dudes rock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts