2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right fellas, which do ya'll think it is? I got busted by a good buck in the rain as I was turning for the shot. Sounded like nails on a chalkboard to him I'm sure. This was supposed to be quiet rainwear.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I've got a Cabela's brand jacket that's almost like a fleece material on the outside and it's pretty quiet. I think it's the MT050 line, but I can't say for sure because it's at the lease. Sorry for the non-help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You should look at Rivers West. Its very quiet, warm, and waterproof. I have been bowhunting in it for 3 years now and am very pleased. Sometimes I wear it just as a regular camo suit, even if its not raining.

·
It's all about the GULP!
810 Posts
I have some waterproof breatheable pants and jacket from gander. They were 75 each and very quiet!

·
Registered
762 Posts
The stuff I have from Gander is their Guide Gear Series and it is both quite and very dry even in downpours. Might have to empty a pocket every now and then but if you keep them zipped your good.

·
Banned
2,395 Posts
Did anyone ever take over the production of the Impertech by helly hansen? that was some soft, quiet, excellent rain gear. Problem is if you snagged on anything it would rip easily. I loved it for late archery elk hunting in Washington. Could wear it UNDER my woolies and it would keep me dry and the woolies would keep me warm.

EDIT: Looks like Helly Hansen Finally released an updated impertech fabric and series of raingear with camo options too....

http://www.hellyhansengear.com/p-625-impertech-ii-deluxe-jacket-camouflage.aspx

·
NRA Life/Endowment member, 49yrs.
1,890 Posts
Roger that on the Cabela's MT 050. I've used it for bowhunting for years, and it's tremendous- very quiet and dry.

THE JAMMER
Second that...I've been using the packable MT050 jacket and pants from Cabelas ever since it came out and really like it. Very quiet, lightweight, and each piece packs into it's own pocket. The Gore Tex in it is much quieter than the older stuff. The outer layer is very soft, quiet, and tough but has a low nap so it doesn't snag easily.
They have expanded the MT050 line with liners and layers but I like the lightweight packable and can layer under it depending on the temps or keep it in my backpack till needed.

Frank

·
God is great, beer is good...
507 Posts
I love my Frog Toggs. You need to wash them at least three times before they get soft, quiet, and comfortable.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I bought some Cabelas dry plus back in 2002 and have not had any problems with it. It has a suede type outer covering. It has been from north western Colorado to south Texas and has not let me down yet, stay dry, blocks the wind, does not get hung up in briars and such. The only complaint I have with it is the zipper is hard to work with gloves on.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
I have Pella brand pants and jacket. Made in America. Expensive and well built but super quiet and definitely waterproof and snow and ice proof, found that out unexpectedly.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The Helly Hansen is the only one I have used that is 100% waterproof.
Not good in thorns or barbed wire but surprisingly durable for everything else. The Imper tech II is the most popular brand in Alaska and the Pacific North West where it really rains.

With all the other Gore Tex type products I have tried I still need a poncho to go over them if I am really going to hunker down in a prolonged rain. Also all that I have make crunchy sounds in cold weather.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts