2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a card carrying member of the Procrastinators club, I found myself looking into the face of a Home Depot clerk who says "Faucet covers, SERIOUSLY - TODAY!?!? We have been out of them for a week!!!"

SO - I am digging into my garage looking for duck tape to wrap around the newspaper on my hose faucets, when I see a quite elegant and simple solution to my problem. My outside faucets are now protected from the elements with 3 AVET Neoprene Reel covers. Works like a friggin charm!!

Dawned on me that old beer koozies would do the trick as well.

I love it when stuff just comes together.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Beer koozies! I have so many of those and was just wondering what I was going to use last minute. 2Cool has all the answers.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nahh - thats a waste of good shark bait (ooo-ha-ha)

·
Goin' South
833 Posts
'r you could do-like-i-do and just strap neighborhood cats around'em
Damnnnnn, I love it when someone just hits you with one of those sharp assssss one liners that makes you just roll!!!!!!!! Thanks Billfisher. Now that I know how to give green you are my first.:brew2:

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
I wraped my 4 hose faucets with 4 old t shirts and duct tape.

·
Registered
76 Posts
towels, shirts, et cetera

Ya'll just be careful when wrapping in towels & shirts. If they get wet & freeze, it actually makes it worse because it gets the pipes colder quicker. If you do take the shirt/towel route, it is best to then warp in a trash bag to 'waterproof' & then duct tape. Hope nobody has any problems!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts