2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

With two reports of big trucks being stolen within a week, I wanted to put out a simple warning to everyone with boats on a trailer. For the past few years in South Florida, there would be a string of truck thefts followed by a string of boat thefts. I haven't heard of it happening as much out here yet, but I thought I would put out a warning just in case.

Make sure your trailers are secure, chained, have good lighting, etc. Many of the thefts in FL were/are in the middle of the day, so it can happen at any time. One of the most popular times is early saturday morning when you are asleep and waiting to get a head start on an early morning run, so you have your boat all ready to go. Well, these (*&#*%&^'n thiefs see that and swipe your boat.

Aside from putting in a lojak type device for your boat, one of the cheapest cost effective ways to keep your boat on a trailer safe is to just remove the wheels. It makes it tough to trailer out with no wheels. Also, the boot things work.

Sorry to be so doom and gloom, but I'd hate to see anyone lose a boat after all the truck thefts.

·
Banned
145 Posts
You know...something I always do when parking my truck in "public areas"...

If you have a 4x4, drop it (or turn the switch in my case) into the 4x4 LOW setting. The theives may not be too experienced with 4 wheel drive and a sure sign of "trouble" when trying to make a get a way is the front end about to snap out of the truck while turning...or only getting about 15mph top speed.

It is not a cure, but it could help...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hate to tell ya'll this, but I've recovered a bunch of these stolen F250's down here being used to smuggle illegal aliens. I feel for anybody with an F250 in the Houston area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts