2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody point me in the right direction to apply for doe permits, we hunt in Milam County, and we have way to may doe, we are seeing between 10-15 at the feeders every day.

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
YEP but make sure you wipe the butts, cut the tongue out, wear clean underwear, take the bolt out of the gun, pull the bullets out of the shells, circumsize the males, make the animal look happy you blew his brains out, and send a letter to the next of kin,,,,,when you take a picture ;)

·
"It's not dying I'm talking about."
561 Posts
YEP but make sure you wipe the butts, cut the tongue out, wear clean underwear, take the bolt out of the gun, pull the bullets out of the shells, circumsize the males, make the animal look happy you blew his brains out, and send a letter to the next of kin,,,,,when you take a picture ;)
LMAO...Just got off that thread.

Back to this thread...Landowner or his agent signing the application and getting with your area biologist were mentioned before. In addition you have to be a member of a Wildlife Management Association (That's a rule in our county) or fill out a Wildlife Management Plan (your biologist would help you with that). We had to do a herd composition survey (I turned in a game cam survey this year, next year we'll do a spotlight survey). Those are few things to be prepared to do. Also if you go the Managed Land Deer Permit (MLDP) route you will have to fill out a MLDP log on what you harvest which includes dead weight, field dress weight, Lactation (yes or no) and cut out a jawbone for aging. This typically is turned into the biologist in February after the season is over.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
lol, i can't give you any more green, i gave it to you on that thread

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,449 Posts
Folks need to start whackin 'em before the doe days run out. that way you are'nt worried about having to get permits. my .02

·
Registered
405 Posts
Landowner or his agent signing the application and getting with your area biologist were mentioned before. In addition you have to be a member of a Wildlife Management Association (That's a rule in our county) or fill out a Wildlife Management Plan (your biologist would help you with that). We had to do a herd composition survey (I turned in a game cam survey this year, next year we'll do a spotlight survey). Those are few things to be prepared to do. Also if you go the Managed Land Deer Permit (MLDP) route you will have to fill out a MLDP log on what you harvest which includes dead weight, field dress weight, Lactation (yes or no) and cut out a jawbone for aging. This typically is turned into the biologist in February after the season is over.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, we get doe permits every year and we don't do any of this. My brother goes thru TPWD. I think it's the LAMPS permits. We get one doe permit for every 100 acres. We lease about 750 acres, so we get 7 permits. Except this year, TPWD may have messed up, cuz we got nine this year.
So, if you hunt less than a 100 acres, you won't get any.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts