2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I zoom in on a particular piece of a picture, what program would I use to clear up the zoomed in portion?

·
1,188 Posts
I use photoshop elements. It depends on what program you have on your computer. There might be some free ones on the internet but I dont know how good they would be. If you dont want to buy a program I might be able to do it for you. PM me and let me know.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Depends on what you mean by "cleared up" but basically that software doesn't exist except on CSI tv shows. Might post a shot of what you're trying to "clear up" and see what someone here can do with it. You can do some "sharpening" and contrast improvements in photoshop but nothing that will bring back the dead.

·
Registered
766 Posts
You mean you can't Crop a security camera 1/4 vga picture 300% and turn it into a billboard add? But I see it on TV all the time!!

I just don't understand why rusty bought that 600mm f4???

LOL.

Not making fun of anyone but CSI.

·
Registered
410 Posts
No magic bullet for a blurry pic or a clear pic thats enlarged to the point that its blurry. You can do some corrections in photoshop like sharpen, contrast, and enlarging using bicubic interpolation but the results look obviously doctored. The real solution is in the proper camera gear.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Yup, If the shot isn't in focus or clear to begin with you really can't do much to greatly improve it. You'll either have oversharpening, over do the noise reduction or something will get overdone and just kill the details the image has.

What I like to do is a little Unsharpen Mask on all my photos. comes out nice.

·
Charter Member
5,937 Posts
what program would I use to clear up the zoomed in portion?
If the picture was originally in focus and fairly sharp, you are probably seeing some pixelation when you zoom in to a particular area of the image. Some images can be saved if the originl pic was shot at high resolution 10 megapickles or more, but if it was shot with a camera with less resolution, pixelation will most likely be your culprit.

Good luck. I don't have Photoshop, but Photoshop Elements and Paint Shop Pro are a couple of programs that are fairly competitive in price and do a lot of the same by allowing you to tweak the contrast, sharpness, saturation lightness/darkness, etc.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts