2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Parks and Wildlife can't cite you for being over the person limit in your boat, but can the coast guard cite you for that since every boat has a coast guard thing riveted in it saying how much weight/people/horsepower you can have?

We were boarded by the coast guard coming back to the ramp Friday and I got to thinking about it.......

I got a warming for no sound making device. I know I used to have a whistle!!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Also, a little FYI, be sure to never tell a LEO what they can or can't do. Its better to just be polite and let them do their thing. I'm sure they hear excuses all day, so a little courtesy will go a long way. WWR, I'm not saying you were rude or anything and don't mean to hijack a thread, just giving a little advice...

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
While at the boardwalk, I saw the TP&W guy stop a boat heading out, turn them around...don't know what was said ect but the boat was full of people.

·
Banned
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BritishSlave said:
Coast Guard enforces federal law. TP&W CAN and WILL cite you for over the limit, that's their job.
I completed an internship with TPW in my last semester in college. One of my pals is also a warden. That is something they don't enforce. There isn't a violation code to write on the ticket for that violation. I guess if you had 50 people in a small jon boat that would obviously fall under unsafe operation.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I got a ticket for that once

I think we had just one too many on the boat. Lol

Attachments

Reactions: RonE

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
WWR said:
I completed an internship with TPW in my last semester in college. One of my pals is also a warden. That is something they don't enforce. There isn't a violation code to write on the ticket for that violation. I guess if you had 50 people in a small jon boat that would obviously fall under unsafe operation.
Opps, I misread the question.

·
Registered
295 Posts
TPWD has the authority to enforce that law; but they normally don't, you can't even read any of my plates. Just remember that there is always a throw-down code, and it probably states "any other violation". I would also remember that there is a reason for that law; it is a safety issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts