2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just had a quick question what kind of epoxy do you use for coating the guide wraps and also the thread art by the grips? I have been looking on mudhole and they have like a finish and also a rod builders epoxy can anyone shed some light for me.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
George,

The finish is for the threads while the epoxy is for grips, reel seat, and such.

Cut Rate has both.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
I have Flex-Coat... use it on all thread work. you need to have a dryer or something (cordless drill) to turn the rod whilst it dries to make a nice even round coat of fishish. you also might try U40 perma gloss.. I haven't tried that yet.................JJ

here are some links... www.rodbuilders.org www.rodguild.com
www.customtackle.com www.barlowstackle.com www.shofftackle.com www.harrissonrods.co.uk/rodbuildin.htm www.fishingmonthly.com.au/rods/rod_ft.html www.allcoastsportfishing.com/cgi-bin/dc/f/index.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID5&conf=mainconf

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Flexcoat

Actually they are both epoxys. You use a five minute for the handles, seats etc, and then there is a 4 hour epoxy for the guides and wraps. Use a cordless drill or the 18 rpm drying motor to turn the rod after application. Use a heat gun to heat the epoxy to bring the bubble to the top. There are a couple of good streaming videos on mudhole of you have a high speed connection. Brows around until you find them. The guys shows you real quick how to tie an eye and apply epoxy.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts