2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aren't you guys cold??? This morning on my way to work I see several joggers in different parts of town jogging with a long sleeve shirt but wearing shorts. I looked at my thermo in my truck and it says 46 degrees. :walkingsm

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
people probably say the same thing when they see us going fishing or hunting haha

sorry, re-read your post, you best believe id have some sweat pants on!

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
I walk 3 miles a day and if I dress warmly when I first start then I am too warm by the halfway point.

·
Fishing :you must be present to win.
2,161 Posts
I run on a treadmill most days, but I prefer to run outside especially on cold days. I never really notice the cold after a little while. The cold also helps me breath better. I have MS so the extremely hot days really does a number on me.

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
I like the cold,but i love running in the middle of sommer when it's 89 and 100% humidity at 5.45am.I run 3 to 4 miles Mon -Thurs and Sunday's i get on my road bike and ride about 68 miles or so from Sugar Land to Simington or Fulsher and back.

I try and do all the MS rides.Treadmills are ok,but all you have to do on those is pick your feet up and the ground moves underneath you.Running outside you have to actualy push your body weight.blah blah blah i know.

·
Banned
2,395 Posts
Your core generates more heat than your leg muscles when you are running. Your legs are moving and allow for better cooling when exposed. It's quite comfortable for me to run in shorts and wear a long sleeve shirt or hoodie in cold weather. Unless it's freezing I won't go to warmups.

When I ski I wear only a long sleeve shirt and at most a shell jacket, no liner. Most days just a fleece vest over a long sleeve T and of course ski pants or bibs. I just freeze on the lift on windy days....

If you are working your body will keep you warm...

·
Whatever floats your boat
218 Posts
I have a gym membership mainly so I can run on the treadmill when its cold. Running in cold weather makes my eyes water and my nose run, not a pretty sight =)

I do have a few runs that I am doing in the next few months and I am hoping we will have our warmer winter weather on those days.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just think its weird that in the summer I see people with sweats on and now that its cold the runners are in shorts. Thanks for the replies, I thought they were nuts but now that you guys explained it now it makes sense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts