2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd pick the brain of some of you TTMB'ers with knowledge of this stuff. I am going to set up a routine website for a small business. I have designed web pages and stuff before, but haven't messed with it much for a few years. 2 questions:

1. Who is the current most dependable domain registration site: Network Solutions, Register.com, others?

2. Who is a cheap dependable web hosting service. I know Register.com offers it. I am wanting a bigger player that is more dependable, as I lost a website once due to a fly-by-nite web hoster that backed up over my data wouldn't make it right. I had some proprietar cgi script on it and wasn't allowed to back up; they told me they were taking care of it. I wanted to prevent this problem next time.

Anybody into this and can point me in a good direction?

Thanks

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Godaddy.com has always treated me right. For both hosting and reg.

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
I use Network Solutions...they have some pretty nice hosting packages or did have when I moved everything over from a local hosting company here

·
www.RipCharts.com
1,855 Posts
go with godaddy.com
you can register it there (they are cheap maybe the cheapest), and host it there. great company, customer service is top notch and very helpfull too.

I've registered over 20 domains there, and have a couple hosted there also. (normally host them myself..)

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
I have successfully used GoDaddy to register addresses, and I use Dreamhost for hosting. They've been good to me, and it only costs $1 more than GoDaddy to register a site directly with them.

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,321 Posts
www.dreamhost.com has a deal running where you could buy your domain name, and a year of hosting for $9.24 (yes that's $9.24 for the whole year .. not per month) .. you just have to use Promo code 777

this is only vaild for the "Crazy Domain Insane (20GB disk, 1TB bw)" package

·
Registered
933 Posts
1 GB Web Space ¤ 200 GB Data Transfer ¤ Unlimited Mailboxes ¤ ShopSite Starter ¤ Web-based E-mail ¤ 24/7 Customer Support ¤ FTP Access ¤ ASP Support ¤ Web Site Statistics ¤ FrontPage 2000 Extensions
Plus registering your new domain name

$60.00 per year.

Readyhosting discount plan that I use for associates.

Bogey

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmmmm, hot chicks, sounds like an upstanding outfit, lol.

I knew I could get some good info here; thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I used to do web development....I went with godaddy.... as far as hosting some are with setup site (3 out of 5) and the others are with Godaddy (5 out of 5) the only thing I'm not to crazy about is godaddys webmail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts