2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to academy today and the guy was explaining to me that the citica and the cruxis both have a-rb "anti rust bearings". I went on the shimano website to verify this but I didn't see anything about them having it. Does anyone really know if they do or not?

·
Registered
167 Posts
i just bought that citica combo yesterday from academy and I have all the paper work in my hand and it says nothing about it having abr bearings. I didn't even think to look until your post. It don't matter to me though, I plan on upgrading to abec7 bearings anyway.

·
Registered
226 Posts
hkmp5s said:
i just bought that citica combo yesterday from academy and I have all the paper work in my hand and it says nothing about it having abr bearings. I didn't even think to look until your post. It don't matter to me though, I plan on upgrading to abec7 bearings anyway.
How do you like that combo? Have you had a chance to use it? I was thinking about picking one up...isn't the Citica by it self over $100?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i hope they hold up in the salt. b/c i got one of each for fathers day. i got the cruxis/allstar combo and the citica/cast-away combo. used both in the surf so far and liked them alot! have also since used them on the bass pond and they felt just as smoth as they did brandnew. hopefully they will hold up for a good amount of time.

and you can get a cruxis on ebay brand new for 50.00. seller's name is timber-sports or something like that.

·
Registered
719 Posts
they both do have arb bearings and r guaranteed by shimano in salt water however i would say spend the extra money and get the citica it is a whole lot more smooth than the cruxis and will outcast it hands down

·
Healthy spine= tight lines
239 Posts
Academy has sweet deals with shimano reels and decent rods with killer warrenties. all shimano reels have anti rust bearings but its never a bad idea to buy good bearings if anything goes wrong in a shimano its the bearings after several yrs shimano is great stuff cant go wrong with it

·
Chupacabra Expert
956 Posts
It is not true that all shimano reels have anti-rust bearings. They all have at minimum stainless steel bearings but only select models have the anti-rust bearings, which are not all there cracked up to be.

·
Healthy spine= tight lines
239 Posts
sry let me reword that the level of real that they are discussing on this forum have anti rust bearings and personally i replace mine with better stuff as soon as i buy my real shimano.com gives you all the info you need about a reel your interested in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts