2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i get reimbursed by fema for having to buy a generator becasue of ike?

rbt2

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
according to fema, you may or may not be eligible. you have to go through the application process like everyone else in order to find out.

however, and for what it's worth, i don't think generator purchases should be reimbursible. if you can afford to go out and buy a generator at a moment's notice following a disaster, you probably don't need my tax dollars to pay for it.

furthermore, you didn't "have to buy a generator because of ike" - you chose to buy a generator for your own comfort and convenience. therefore, just swallow the expense and enjoy your generator.

·
Banned
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
surfdad_96712 before you get all high and mighty, you should know that it's for my mom and disabled dad who are on a fixed income!!!

i don't appreciate you trying to insinuate something like you did!! all i need is a simbple answer for my folks and not some sort of "judgement" from someone like you! or, maybe, things in your life/family are just perfect!!! if you care to continue this, i say let's do it via PM so that neither one of us gets banned from this site.

rbt2

surfdad_96712 said:
Looking for a government handout are ya?

·
11,766 Posts
Don't qoute me but I believe it is a case by case basis. Being disabled may sway FEMA to reimburse you. Good luck. 1-800-621-FEMA

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
rbt2 said:
all i need is a simbple answer for my folks and not some sort of "judgement" from someone like you!
did your folks buy the generator, or did you?

if you bought the generator for your folks, that was a very nice and thoughtful gesture on your part, but appparently you can afford to do so.

if your fixed income and disabled parents bought it, that's a different story.

you can't go claiming you need fema assistance because you bought a generator for your disabled and fixed income parents.

·
Banned
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now that i've cooled off a bit, i want to appoligize for my last post. i should have been more clear on the subject. the generator was for my folks, not for myself. my mom and dad are on a fixed income and my dad is disabled. the genrator was put on a credit card so, they did not have to buy the generator for their "own comfort and convenience" as it was put, but rather it was for my dad's health.

i ask one of the mods to close this thread, so that no more feelings are hurt and that way i won't get banned for showing my temper while trying to help out my folks.

also, i want to appologize if i have offended anyone with my question!!! i was not looking for any ridicule, rather, i was just looking for help for my folks.

rbt2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.