2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my own setup for offshore fishing. a shimano tekota 700 and a heavy action rod. I was wondering if i bring my setup on the boat, can i ask a deck hand to put one of there leader setups on my gear? or would i have to bring my own tackle also and rig the line myself? anyone that knows about this any information would greatly be aprecciated. Thanks. If they dont rig lines then what pound test should i uyse for the leader? I currently have 50# test on my reel.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I've never fished on the Big E but have on many other type of head boats. I've always taken my own gear and they have always rigged me up just like the others if I've wanted. You can usually have them rig you up differntly if you want. My last trip we were snapper fishing and I caght a little beeliner...I asked the deckie to rig me up for AJs and then I sent that baby down to the bottom then used one of the boat rods to play with the snapper until I got a good run.

Just ask them, they'll typically provide all the terminal tackle you need.

Cameron

·
fish control my brain
7,727 Posts
The deck hands will get you dialed in.

but please be sure to tip them, exspecially when they give you special attention.

I usually tip them at the beggining of of the trip.

TIPS = to insure proper service

1 - 3 of 3 Posts