2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out how to wire a AUX cable into the back of the factory radio in my 07 GMC Sierra Classic. I dont want to purchase a whole new radio/head unit. I just want to be able to plug my ipod or blackberry into the radio and listen to music. I can find the cables that have only a Iphone jack on the other end, but am looking for the male end that will plug into where the headphones would go on the blackberry/iphone

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
so you need a male male cable? Not sure I understand. They do sell a male to male jack. I got one from Panasonic with some ear buds at the airport. (yea they were way to much$ at the airport but priceless if you sit next to chatty people)

I would bet radio shack best buy or the like would have what you need!

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so you need a male male cable? Not sure I understand. They do sell a male to male jack. I got one from Panasonic with some ear buds at the airport. (yea they were way to much$ at the airport but priceless if you sit next to chatty people)

I would bet radio shack best buy or the like would have what you need!
Im looking for something that would hard wire to the back of the factory radio, and the other end would be a female aux jack that I can plug the male to male plug into. Male from the ipod, to the newly installed aux input...just cant seem to find one.

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess something like that, but thats for Ipods only from what I read. I am looking for something more universal. The new GMCs have a little female plug already in the dash that you just have to have the cord with two male ends and plug into that outlet and the device and it will play when the radio is on "Aux"...my wifes car has it as well.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Crutchfield has a pretty good selection. I've found their call-in tech service very helpful. Sunday night I had a problem with my son's stereo install. They had a by-pass adapter to get around his factory amp, plus all the adapter harnesses needed for the speakers and stereo.

www.crutchfield.com

They carry aux and ipod harnesses for a wide selection of factory systems. I was looking at adapter to add an ipod jack to my old Ford stereo last week. I'm pretty sure than had standard aux stereo jack harnesses, too. Here is a link--look down for GM vehicles. For precision, use the vehicle selector link to specify your Sierra model year and equipment.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_50900/Auxiliary-Input-Adapters.html?o=p&tp=422&avf=N

·
Still trying to figure it all out
10,501 Posts
I bought an aux input interface for my daughter's 2005 honda accord a couple of years ago from:

http://www.crutchfield.com

She uses it to hook her ipod directly into her car stereo. I had a local car stereo place install it for about $50, but I ordered the part myself from crutchfield. I tried to search crutchfield for an interface for your truck, but didn't have enough information. If you can't find it online, call them directly. They seem to be one of the few places left that have knowledgeable people you can actually talk to .

Most people I asked, before I bought the hard wired interface, strongly advised against using the FM transmitter type of adapter.

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought an aux input interface for my daughter's 2005 honda accord a couple of years ago from:

http://www.crutchfield.com

She uses it to hook her ipod directly into her car stereo. I had a local car stereo place install it for about $50, but I ordered the part myself from crutchfield. I tried to search crutchfield for an interface for your truck, but didn't have enough information. If you can't find it online, call them directly. They seem to be one of the few places left that have knowledgeable people you can actually talk to .

Most people I asked, before I bought the hard wired interface, strongly advised against using the FM transmitter type of adapter.
Im gonna call Crutchfield. I appreaciate everyones help.

And yeah, I refuse to get the FM transmitor or whatever. I have ridden in trucks with those and they dont work worth a #$%$...at least not the ones I have seen.

·
Shrimp Drowner
255 Posts
I installed an aftermarket aux adapter in my 06 ford which has rca jacks so I had to make an adapter cable to the aux female to plug in my mp3 player
I used a female jack from radio shack and soldered the wires to my rca cables,
my boat has a jack that has the female jack that was a peel and stick unit to plug in
it is made by dual which crutchfield should have. I didnt put one of these in my truck because it was white and a little clunky.
I just ordered this oneto replace the broken one in my truck
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_693IC35PM/Poly-Planar-IC-3-5PM.html?tp=1528

thanks for the post it got me looking...

·
Formerly ynggun
1,205 Posts
Thats one of the pieces of the puzzle, yes. I can find that cable anywhere though, Im looking for something to plug that into...from the device into....?????
I'm lost on this thread. You said it has an aux input already? If so then that cable should plug right into the little hole where any pair of headphones would plug into.

·
INFIDEL to Some, but Loves my Saviour
10,226 Posts
I don't think you can do that, with the older stereos, without an existing jack or pigtail!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
nucleus ipod interfaces seem to work best for what yopu are talking about, not cheap though but you get what you pay for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts