2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am spending 10 days in Quepos in December. First time there. Going alone to fish and experience the city (recently divorced so I can do that now.) Could use some guide recommendations and any suggestions for bars or nightlife if there is any. PM if necessary ;-)

Thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts

Me and my wife fished with them in December 2019. Great time. Very reasonable prices. Day 1 we went offshore and I caught 99” sail and my wife caught a 112” blue marlin, a couple fished raised and followed baits but never ate. Day 2 we went for roosters and my wife got a 38” and I got a 48”, got broke off 3 other times from getting in the rocks.

We will definitely be going back with them

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you're looking for a FAD trip or some serious fishing. Look up Steve Nelson, with the Full Nelson. We raised 40 blues/sail and released 20 on a overnight FAD run when i was there a few months back

·
Lake Rat
664 Posts
Went with FishQueposAdventure couple years back and had a blast! We stayed at a VRBO right in Quepos and was not impressed.Got hit up to buy drugs several times in town and witnessed a break in across the street.We wound up moving down closer to Manuel Antonio and it was a much better vibe with nicer homes/restuarants.

·
Registered
282 Posts
We went the first of June, we booked the Blue Daze with Quepos Fishing Adventures. The Blue Daze had trouble the day before our trip so they put us on the Double Nickel and the captain and crew were awesome. Had 3 teenage girls and one teenage boy besides the wife and me and Garland and Roy took care of them like family!! I was super impressed and catching 9 sails didn't hurt.
Connie with Quepos Fishing Adventures is the most helpful person I have met when it comes to dealing with charters. By all means give them a shot and tell her you are from Texas and Roy sent you, you won't be disappointed. She fixed us up with all the covid stuff and got us a short notice inshore trip like she had known us all her life. I can't say too many nice things about her.
We stayed in a VRBO down in Domenicalito that was really nice. If I can help just holler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts