2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some brown and black shoes for work. Looking to spend $100/pair. Help with some very good shoe brands. Not looking to get $300 mephistos but do want something a little more durable than the $50 Macy's bargain.

·
I am haunted by still waters.
1,665 Posts
Do your feet a favor - Johnston and Murphy

All types of nice styles in their brand.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Cole Haan oxfords, I believe they're called Air Lanes or something like that. About $150.

·
Saltmadness
13,573 Posts
I wear some Nunn Bush while hear in the office. And also have some Sketchers that are pretty darn comfortable also. Both in the 100.00 to 150.00 price range. Since I stopped being so tight with my bucks my feets stopped hurting.

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
I wear Thorogood made in the USA by hand you can see the pencil marks on the leather at the seems....when was the last time you seen that? 135.00.

·
wastin' away again in Margaritaville
1,948 Posts
I am looking for some brown and black shoes for work. Looking to spend $100/pair. Help with some very good shoe brands. Not looking to get $300 mephistos but do want something a little more durable than the $50 Macy's bargain.
Go to DSW...name brands like Cole-Hahn, Johnston-Murphy, Florsheim, etc. for a lot less than what you'll find in the malls. BF

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Try "Rockports" you won't go back to another brand...I used to wear Cole Hahn's but Rockports are the best I've had on my feet...

·
Banned
579 Posts
I prefer Allen Edmonds

More thah $100 per pair but, if you take care of them they will last for years and years. I have one pair that I bought 20 years ago and they still look new. Granted, they have been resoled and heels replaced many times but they are far superior to all previously mentioned. I think the second choice is Johnston Murphy.

·
<***********>< Fish on.
3,101 Posts
Try "Rockports" you won't go back to another brand...I used to wear Cole Hahn's but Rockports are the best I've had on my feet...
X 100. By far the most comfortable shoes I wear!

·
MHX Pro Staff
1,355 Posts
X2

Cole Haan makes some very good loafers. They have teamed up with Nike Air on some loafers, so you can get some that have the airbubbles. Really comfortable!!
That's because they are owned by Nike. That's all I wear when I go to conferneces and places when I'll be on my feet all day. Johnson and Murphy are good as well.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys! I will definitely look into some of those brands. I was thinking Johnston & Murphy, but didnt consider Rockport.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts