2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
\../\../\../
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the deer hunting is slow we are gonna get on them Big Blues now!!!
Del Rio Grill Guards built the rack. Taking the seats this weekend and will post pics of the final product. Bench seat is going on the back of truck.

Attachments

·
\../\../\../
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear you on the design. I wanted the the two main tubing supports to go all the way back to the frame and slide into receiver hitches. I had welded the two receiver hitches on the bumber years ago and he wanted to use them. Said I would be wasting money the other way. When I put my butt in the seat I will know if it is good to go or not. We don't drive fast enough to run anyone over anyway.

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
Yep been hunting quail all my life no way will I ride in a front rack. I have seen the driver slam the breaks etc. Good luck. I'll hunt from the top or walking behind a dog. To much can happen.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
When that accident happened, my sister was thrown off the high rack and rolled under the truck. She was very lucky to be alive. Her friend was killed instantly, another guy was impaled by the seat post and later died and another was hurt very badly. Granted they were probably going too fast, but it still was horrible. Just be very carefull.

Check the welds on that bumper regularly, and make sure the bolts are tight. Again, I am not knocking the rig, but you would be amazed at how easily that rack breaking off and digging into the ground would send the truck up and over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts