2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Life is good on the bayou..
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Puppies we rescued a while back are ready for adoption. These are mostly Lab puppies (maybe almost all lab) that were abandoned, allong with the mom when thay were only 3 weeks old, by the owner. Had a vet get them all taken care of and took them to STAAR in Katy where Sharon has raised them since.

Details @ https://charge.clickandpledge.com/Default.asp?EIN=760253393 www.staarnet.org

The picture is a little fuzzy, but so are the puppies !

If you have any thoughts about getting a new companion, please consider adoption.

Thank You.

Attachments

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
oh my gosh, they are so ADORABLE! i wish i could have one. ill check around and see if anyone around here might want one of them. good luck.

trudy

·
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lab Rescue

I tried them on day one of the ordeal. They only take 100% Labradors. No way to confirm these puppies so it did not happen.

As a side note, having recently gone through this I think most folks are under the impression there are lots of options for placing a dog in an adoption only facility. I certainly was. The truth is there are very few. The few "No Kill" agencies out there are so over loaded they have to turn down everything that's not a 100% easy adoption, including very young puppies. The "Pet" shows on TV where the dogs are taken in to the Humane Society and are so lovingly cared for so they can be adopted are a disservice to the public. It just doesn't happen like that, except for TV. I spent days trying to find help for these puppies, the only answer I got was bring them in and we will "humanly" take care of them for you. Not what I thought I was going to hear.

The folks that give up their time and money to help these dogs are living angels. They deserve our support. I don't want to preach to anyone, but I have had my eyes opened big time by this and I do want to encourage anyone looking for a pet to consider adoption, at least take a look at what's out there first. I know that doesn't work if your looking for serious working dogs with a specific pedigree, but for a companion, I know some awesome dogs are just waiting on you to be the one to give them the break they need and deserve.

I'm done. Sorry.

Now go get a puppy ! What is is about Puppies that just makes you smile ?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
don't think so...

EndTuition said:
I tried them on day one of the ordeal. They only take 100% Labradors. No way to confirm these puppies so it did not happen.

Sorry, but you are incorrect about STLRR only taking full breds. Check out the website. As with any adoption, you will never know that you are getting a full blooded dog. You are adopting a companion.

·
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let it go....

All of the animal adoption places have wonderful web sites, all of them do everything they can. Don't mean to burst your bubble, but there are situations out there that are really sad, and almost hopeless for dogs that fall into this mess. If Lab Rescue takes all kinds of dogs, I'm really glad to hear it, my mistake. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. But, I'm the one that had the conversation with them, if they would have been willing to take these puppies I can assure you I would have jumped at it. I was desparate, I had 9, 3 week old puppies and the Mom. "Strays" in their own terms, no record of any form of worming or treatment. Maybe it was for some other reason ? Call your friend yourself and see if she can explain the why part to you. But they would not take the dogs, simple as that, no gray area, no confusion, no point in debating that with you. I do believe they did offer the use of a vet, discounts/advice on meds, food and even assistance with adoption but only if I kept them myself till they were 8-9 weeks old. Most of the folks I talked to did that much. I'm sure they would take every dog if they could, and I'm not saying they don't do everything they can for as many as they can, but in this case they would not (or could not ?) accept the dogs. It's just an example of how much more need for help is out there than there are places to provide it.

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
End,

I commend you on taking care of these pups. I was talking to my wife about this last night and she said that the last time she called STLRR, they didn't have much to say. All I was trying to clarify is that STLRR will take <100% Labs. They found my dogs litter in a ditch......not much gty on bloodline there.
We think STLRR has gotten too big to be run on a strictly volunteer basis. The lady that started it up has a real job, 2 kids, 3 dogs, and takes care of adoption stuff. Sorry you didn't have a good experience with them.

Anyway, send me a PM with some "ad" type info for the pups. I'll post it on my company bulliten board.

Again, KUDOS to you for helping the little guys out.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
End Tuition, I added a banner and link to my banner rotation for STAAR to get them more exposure. It will run from now on, and it's on me.

·
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The puppis are in Katy.. A link to the

website where you can see more pictures and get the details of how to adopt is provied in the first message of the thread.

It's South Texas Animal Adoption Resources (STARR) and the web site is

www.starrnet.org

Sharon Mosler runs the operation and she is a hero to a lot of dogs and owners.

I think there is a pre-adoption form to help her qualify owners.

·
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First Class, 100% first class all the way

You have a first class web site with a first class mission.

Like one of my old bosses told me, "always use your powers for good and not evil". I know Sharon will appreciate this, as do I. I never knew how much it took to run a shelter/adoption facility till now.

Thanks again for caring, and more importantly acting. It will make a difference.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
someone here surely needs a puppy...if I get any more dogs running around here, LC is going to kick me out or one of the above would already be here. Man's best friend...they love you even when you smell like fish. :) Come on folks, let's get these pups a new home.........

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
EndTuition

If I had a house, not an apartment, Id take two of those labs. I have a soft spot for labs. Had a brother/sister combo, black labs that me and my kids named Bonnie and Clyde. Had them about 14 years.

Bon Bon and Clydo. lol Dang, Im a sucker for cool dogs.

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
endtuition, have yall had any luck finding those adorable babies homes yet? i wish i could have one, but i cant :cry: i also havent had any luck trying to find someone who can. just wondering. cant quit thinking about those little cuties. i live on an acre, but dont have the funds to fence it right now.

trudy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts