2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it is 5 at the coffee shop and we are getting ready to head out with Capt. Manny on the PACIFICO....weather looks good. DArk MOON...2 TIDES------HOW SOME OF THE BIG COWS ARE HUNGRY THIS MORNING........WE ARE HEADING FOR EL BANCO.......WILLL REPORT BACK ON THE THE DAT THIS AFTERNOON.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
good luck, we are fishing w/Manny in a couple weeks.

let me know your thoughts on the boat, equipment and crew when you have a chance.

I hope your back can take the punishment.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
how awesome is this. almost live reports from puerto vallarta. it's my turn in exaxtly 7 days. how sweet is that???? starting to get a little excited......rick

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
KevinA said:
good luck, we are fishing w/Manny in a couple weeks.

let me know your thoughts on the boat, equipment and crew when you have a chance.

I hope your back can take the punishment.
My wife and i fished with Manny Sept 1.

Manny and his crew are very good. The boat runs very well, is clean, and comfortable. His equipment was in good shape, and never missed a beat.

There are several good captains down there, and I'd fish with Manny again.

BTW, you can search this board for my report and pics.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Friday Fishing Report - PVR

We went to "El Banco" on Friday....the ride out was smooth....there has been a ton of rain here in the last few weeks so lots of debris in the water....about 35 miles out the water finally gets blue......we saw a couple of what looked like fence post floating......picthed a cabbalito and bam......50-60 lbs. Bull charged it....had him on some light tackle......great way to start....unfortunately he did not have any friends with him....so we continued on. Got to the Bank, there were 2 other boats....birds and tuna were crashing.......we fished hard till about 3pm.....8 YFT most were 40-60lbs. Biggest was around 80lbs.......

Caught 7 more Dorado...all in the 25-35lb. range.....the big COW TUNA bite has slowed down, as none were reported on Friday.

We did see a HUGE MARLIN crash our skipjacks.....but didn't get a hook up.......when the tide went slack and the tuna/dorado bite slowed....we dropped a couple of skippys on the pargo.....brought 2 of the beast in...both were around 30lbs.....and had a monster hooked....but he cut the leader going back into his hole......

Lots of lighting offshore this morning....but we are going for DAY 2.......already have over 100 lbs...of filets.....

Will post up results of today's adventure !

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sounds like an awesome trip, be sure to post up your thoughts on on Capt. Manny, I too am looking into a trip, around Thanksgiving. GREAT report.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Final Report

Just got finished bagging fish in Katy....will work on the pictures and final report tomorrow :spineyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts