2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My and the wife recently went on our summer vacation and I was able to talk her into a 8hr fishing trip. I just had to convince her that she could get as good of a suntan on the boat :). Anyway, 30 min after trolling the first spot, BAM! hooked up with a 97in sailfish. An hr later, BAM! Now it is wifey's turn. Hers was almost identicle in size. I was like, man this is easy. There must be sailfish everywhere around here. Little did I know, when we got back in to the dock we found out that we were the only boat that caught anything the entire day. I guess it is better to be lucky than good. Oh, and before everyone gets on me about Catch and Release, they both swallowed the bait and could not be saved.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
bigmark,

With whom did you charter your trip, and would you hire them again? I'm heading there week of Thanksgiving and am looking for recommendations.

Thanks,
Cody

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you throw the sailfish in an antbed?

bigmark said:
My and the wife recently went on our summer vacation and I was able to talk her into a 8hr fishing trip. I just had to convince her that she could get as good of a suntan on the boat :). Anyway, 30 min after trolling the first spot, BAM! hooked up with a 97in sailfish. An hr later, BAM! Now it is wifey's turn. Hers was almost identicle in size. I was like, man this is easy. There must be sailfish everywhere around here. Little did I know, when we got back in to the dock we found out that we were the only boat that caught anything the entire day. I guess it is better to be lucky than good. Oh, and before everyone gets on me about Catch and Release, they both swallowed the bait and could not be saved.

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
wcvickers said:
bigmark,

With whom did you charter your trip, and would you hire them again? I'm heading there week of Thanksgiving and am looking for recommendations.

Thanks,
Cody
Wife and I were there the first week of Sept. Fished with manny of Pacifico. He, his crew, and boat are very good. Many speaks great english, and was very helpful in getting/keeping my wife in the game. I'd charter him again in a heartbeat, and will if/when I go back to PV.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
manny on pacifico and his "brother" Juan moll on top gun are the best in town. neither will leave you fishless.....

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Cut the line and let them go, At least they have a chance. Hanging on the dock they had no chance. It is normal for a sailfish to throw up there guts and they will go back in place. Glad you had a good trip and that your wife enjoyed as well.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
wcvickers said:
bigmark,

Thanks,
Cody
Cody, if you search for threads with "Puerto Vallarta" in the title, you will find some good info. I know I have posted a bunch of charter info in several past threads, and there are some fishing reports posted by Juan Moll and some 2coolers. I will be happy to send you some info if you don't find it - send me a PM.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wcvickers said:
bigmark,

Thanks,
Cody
The name of our captain was Alrfedo.

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
regulator26 said:
Did you throw the sailfish in an antbed?
Why would he do that????

Mexicans eat sailfish, and I am sure the captain is who wanted the fish anyways...

Not cool on the comment....

Good Fish bigmark!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts