2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Life is good on the bayou..
3,982 Posts
Did the same but...

Made a few stops on the way south Sunday AM. At about 1/4 mile past the Darlington we found em and pretty much got our limits there.

About halfway trough this a green transport pulls right up next to us and starts fishing, except he's too far out to reach the second gut and isn't catching much. He keeps letting out anchor line and finally ends up fishing right on top of my anchor line ! Not 30 feet away but now behind us. He could have (but didn't) cast over us if he wanted too. Instead he just parks there and soaks his bait behind us for an hour.

We get our limits and proceed to put up the bimini and pull out lunch when he ups anchor and pulls right up next to us and ask if we are going to leave. We say, well yes, but right now we are going cool off and eat lunch. He gets all ****** and says "Hope I can do the same to you one day !" and guns it !

Took me a while to even realize he was actualy ****** off but then I realized he though we had the only spot on the whole beach front with fish on it ! Weird part is my buddy came down the beachfront while this jacka$$ is parked on us and anchors up 100 yards away and slays the trout. This guy never moves, and is just waiting on us to move so he can have our "spot".

This guy takes pot licking to a new level !

·
Life is good on the bayou..
3,982 Posts
That's how it's supposed to work, but that isn't the norm anymore. I've done the same a few times when I knew it was a specific spot making the difference. One guy was so insistant I though maybe he was signaling for help. Pulled up to him and he wanted to show me exactly where to cast. I was out joy ridding with my Mom and didn't even have a rod. Sure was nice of him though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.