2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Five of us fished the surf in Pt. O'Connor Sunday. Wind was NE 5-10 and the surf was absolutely flat. Finshed up about 12:30pm with 50 Specks, 14 Sand trout, and 1 Red. Also, caught lots of small sharks and 7-8 BIG Ladyfish. Mst of the trout were 17"-20" with a few around 23". No real big fish. All in all, it was a good trip. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them developed.

·
8,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We went North towards Matagorda on Sunday. And ironically enough, we had just the opposite experience. When the bite slowed, we would move and we had 2 different boats (we didn't know) flag us down and point to the water next to them, indicating the fish were there. The last guy even held his had apart indicating there were big fish there. We stopped and caught our biggest fish of the day about 100 yards from him.

While I've had just the opposite experience many, many times, I guess there are still a few decent folks out there.

·
8,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BEARCAT said:
I hoping to make it to the surf for the first time this weekend. Can anyone tell me how far down from Pass Cavallo the Darlington is?
Probably 17-20 miles to the Darlington. I don't remember exactly and don't have my GPS with me. But, it's probably half way to Port A or even closer to Port A. Although there is really no need in going that far. I've also heard the average fish has been larger up North lately. Just head north and look for bait. You'll see the boats. We caught fish just a few mile up.

·
8,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TXPalerider said:
Five of us fished the surf in Pt. O'Connor Sunday. Wind was NE 5-10 and the surf was absolutely flat. Finshed up about 12:30pm with 50 Specks, 14 Sand trout, and 1 Red. Also, caught lots of small sharks and 7-8 BIG Ladyfish. Mst of the trout were 17"-20" with a few around 23". No real big fish. All in all, it was a good trip. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them developed.
Finally got the pics back....:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.