2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday mid day I did an emergency repair for a client in a basement type pit at an old facility. I took everything out of my pockets etc. left it in my truck and started the work, I got the parts that needed to be replaced and got filthy in the process, hands and arms were black. They were closed and had all the restrooms locked so there was no place to clean up, I had one used napkin in my truck and tried to clean my hands to no avail. I went to lowes on the 610, found a parking spot alone it happened to be beside the surveillance trailer. (cameras and flashing lights.) I picked up my billfold from the console and with two fingers stuck a pistol in the front part of the console...like a dumbass. I even hesitated but decided getting the **** on my hands on the gun was a bad idea....again dumbass. I washed in the store as soon as I went in, found the fittings pretty quickly came out to see my truck still locked on the passenger side, it unlocked when I touched the door handle but my interior was a mess, **** thrown around.

Ive heard it takes a couple seconds to break into the newer F-250's, they broke in and I'm assuming the alarm went off, but they still got me. And the worst part is I contributed the absolute worst thing I could have, to the absolute worst element of our society.

I expect to get flamed and I obviously deserve it, but don't do what I did.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Screw driver to the key hole on the driver's door takes about 2 seconds. I had it replaced with a keyless handle since mine got broken into just like yours. This will slow them down until they decide to break the window.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Screw driver to the key hole on the driver's door takes about 2 seconds. I had it replaced with a keyless handle since mine got broken into just like yours. This will slow them down until they decide to break the window.
I'm looking at the same option, any idea how you would get in if the batteries were dead or the electrical system/fuse wasn't working?

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
I'm looking at the same option, any idea how you would get in if the batteries were dead or the electrical system/fuse wasn't working?
Never worried too much about it since it has 2 batteries. If you have the handle with the little black button that locks the door then get them to put a passenger door handle on it and flip it. Joe Myers Ford did that for me and it worked great. If you use a back door handle you will lose that function.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I'm bad about leaving a handgun in my car, so no judgement from me. I'm doing better in that I no longer leave it there overnight, and I take it out before I go to sports events (since I can't take it into them and the massive parking lots are ripe for break-in scumbags). But I still have places I have to go that don't allow them

·
Registered
984 Posts
I had same thing happen to me about 2-3 years ago at Home Depot on 529 & HWY 6. Went in to grab one thing which only took 5 minutes as I knew exactly where to go to inside store. Came out to parking lot and hear a car alarm going off.....though to myself "hmmmmmm that sounds like my truck". got about 5 cars from mine and saw some big ole dude in drivers seat.....6'6"....275 lbs. I decided to yell "hey mother f'er" I'm 5'11" 195 lbs. dripping wet and instantly regretted my decision.....LOL.

He jumped into the truck next to mine and off they were. Big flat head screw driver in the key hole and you are in a Ford super duty. I haven't ever fixed it. I had a cheap semi-auto pistol in there but they didn't find it. Think they got 1 pair of sunglasses and that was it. I hate thief's more than anything else in this world.....get a job.

I thought about getting those door jammers they are talking about above.....but just never got around to it.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I posted on the other site. Thieves broke into my F150 while I was at an Olive Garden on I-10 in Katy Saturday night.
The also went right to my console. The pried open the 7" x 4" or so plate that houses the door handle. Got behind there and did something that now prevents my truck from locking.
Spread the contents of my console around the truck looking for a gun.

They did not get a gun. They skipped my new Costas on the dash and missed $80 cash in the door and $100 cash in the sunglass holder on the ceiling. Gotta get out of this place.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On my 250 they opened the outside door handle and twisted the locking mechanism that goes through the door with a pair of pliers, after they broke in I couldn’t lock mine either.
Dealer wants $500-600.00 to replace lock and paint the new handle. I took the door apart and disconnected the outside lock so that everything works normal….unless my battery dies and I have to use the key.

YouTube, has guys replacing their drivers door handle for the passenger to prevent the 10 second break in. Seems like a good idea in less you have to use a key to get in.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just talked to a friend that mentioned another F-350 was broken into this weekend in Pasadena, stole nothing just threw **** around looking for specifics. 80 thousand dollar truck and a $50.00 pretend lock.

way is cr ap is word filter?

·
www.jacksride.org
5,238 Posts
F-150s have a latch that allows you to store stuff behind the back seat in a super crew cab. opening it the first time is a PITA, but after that you can attach a discreet lanyard/pull to open it. Maybe 250s have a similar set up. I learned how to do it on you tube.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think that I read when I owned my F-250 there is something called a Jimmie Jammer that prevents the door lock break ins.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts